Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #29

Since a new coach has some under lining warranty one can purchase a seven year warranty for less than one can buy a four year warranty on an used coach.
The first year of ownership you will have numerous repairs which a lot of your one year warranty will be used up in the shop under repairs.

It is the birth defects that at times will take years to figure out and then have the extended warranty handle if it is a covered item.

My present 2004 Endeavor my last birth defect was repaired by the warranty company in year 6 of 7.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had GS CSP since purchasing our Journey in 2006. Only used it once about a year ago for an intermitnent starting problem. The diagonistic time totaled 4 hours due to Winnebago moving a Freightliner installed relay that the tech could not find resulting in several calls to both Freightliner and Winnebago to replace a $9 part. CSP refused to pay diagonistic time even though it was not specifically excluded in their written warranty. I had to pay over $500 out of pocket. I filed an appeal with CSP and they later sent me a check for over $400. It all ended well but was a little aggrevating in that they list everything in the warranty that was not covered but do not specifically list that diagnostic time is at their discreation. I have the extended warranty more for peace of mind when on the road and being in a strange place when a problem arises. Be glad to pay and never get the return.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #31

Good Sam just paid for a new fuel pump and ECM (Engine Computer) for my coach.......The bill was just under 9,000 bucks for labor and parts (YES, I SAID 9 THOUSAND !)...........I paid the 250 deductible and had to pay for "Mobile Service" because Cummins charged me a fuel surcharge to come out to me to do the work instead of me getting towed into the shop.............
I'm glad I had Good Sam and plan on keeping the policy........
This week I'm getting a new Air conditioner for my living room and paying just the 250 bucks for deductible on a 1,000 dollar job. (Good Sam already approved the job, I'm just waiting for the new Air Conditioner to arrive).......

John
Old 04-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #32
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy545
Good Sam just paid for a new fuel pump and ECM (Engine Computer) for my coach.......The bill was just under 9,000 bucks for labor and parts (YES, I SAID 9 THOUSAND !)...........I paid the 250 deductible and had to pay for "Mobile Service" because Cummins charged me a fuel surcharge to come out to me to do the work instead of me getting towed into the shop.............
I'm glad I had Good Sam and plan on keeping the policy........
This week I'm getting a new Air conditioner for my living room and paying just the 250 bucks for deductible on a 1,000 dollar job. (Good Sam already approved the job, I'm just waiting for the new Air Conditioner to arrive).......

John
Good sam has an exclusionary and inclusionary polices ( something like that ). Which do you have?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #33

I have no idea which type of policy...........I pay $1,700.00 a year and that gives me a $250.00 deductible per occurrence............My bus is now 11 years old and they say I can keep the policy until the coach is 20 years old and guaranteed the price for the next three years..........
I ahead of the game so far..........I don't know where I would have come up with 9 grand to do the fuel pump, so I'm happy.....
They also cover tires with no deductible..........They'll give me $375.00 plus labor for a blown tire and I also have gasket coverage on the engine and tranny included........

John
Old 04-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
When we purchased our RV new in 2003, we bought a 7 year/72000k mile plan from Florida National. It cost about $2500.00 with a $200.00 deductible. When the brakes failed on my Workhorse in 07, the company denied the claim, blaming my driving habits, etc. In 2009, the Allison transmission failed, had the rig towed from the west coast of Florida to Ocala by GS and the tranny was replaced. I only paid the deductible plus a few small charges. They also replaced one of the HWH jacks one time. So, we came out ahead. Now, I have the GS ESP which I purchased because you can buy it for one year at a time with the 3 year price guarantee. It has a $500.00 deductible and I hope that I never have to use it. I bought it for one reason: a major failure, like the engine, transmission or differential. I too, do most of the maintenance on the rig, but I can't fix those three items. Gives me peace of mind.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #35

I just had to have my Actia Instrument Panel Cluster replaced as the LCD screen had become un-readable. MY GS ESP covered it - I paid only a $100.00 Deductible, my premium for this year was just a bit over $900.00 which means based on what the dealership that repaired the ISP listed the repair cost at I am almost even already. I also have peace of mind that if a slide out, jacks, refrigerator (which the ESP replaced the cooling unit on once before) or engine or transmission has an issue I won't be faced with an unexpected repair bill.

I typically don't buy these plans on anything else even cars or trucks but this is the one item I have purchased one on and I am so far satisfied that for me it is worth it.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
As I said in my previous post I would not leave home with out a warranty and I stand by that. Another item to consider is not the warranty provider but the shop you go to. MANY shops will not talk with the warranty people but want you to handle all the contacts. this is not good. I have had a recent experience with a shop that handled all the warranty contacts and I got great results. Apalachee RV in Auburn Ga. has people that handle warranty work and they know their business. All you have to do is say the wrong thing and some companies will turn you down but if you have an experienced person dealing with the warranty people they can fight for you and usually save you money.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #37

I had a new Carrier Air Conditioner/ Heat Pump, 15K installed today......
The repair guy did all the paperwork with Good Sam and I'm getting back $714.00 from the insurance.....
The Machine cost $848.00 and the install cost $160.00

It cost me $209.00 total for the new unit........

John