Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Exclusionary policy

www.wholesalewarranties.net

GS is a joke

Wholesale's coverage:

gaskets and seals
wear and tear coverage
Exclusionary Policy
7 years or 70,000 miles
$100 deductible
non-covered part damage to covered part
covered part damage to non-covered part

My cost on a 2010 class A..........$2,294.00/$100 deductible

GS......4yrs/40,000 miles........$1,816.00/$250 deductible

EasyCare......4yrs/48,000 miles.......$4,011/$250 deductible

Elite Care......4yrs/48,000 miles......$3,688/$250 deductible

AAAANNNNNDDDDDD I have the written quotes to back the prices up.

Please, read the "whole" policy before you decide.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #16

gallapon: I would respectfully suggest that you have posted a link to a dubious broker. This link is strictly an agent not a policy underwriter. We have no idea which company he places policies with. Nor has he provided a sample policy on the website. There are some outrageous claims about billions of dollars. Any decent extended srevice plan should tell you up front all the details and who is underwiting the plan. Also what insurance company is backing the plan. That amazing price won't be of much value if the seller or policy writer goes broke. Buyer beware.

Moisheh

moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
The only trouble I see with the Good Sam's is they say they will repair or replace with a new or rebuilt or reman part. If you have a refer that is no longer made and they can't get the part to fix it, they only allow the cost of the part you can't get. They will put it toward a new unit but if it was only $80 for the part, that's all they will pay towards the replacement. Your on the hook for the rest.

That's what I was told and they said it is the agreement. Sure enough, it's in there.

I'm thinking of going back with Easycare. A little more but if it's not available they will replace it with new replacement. Anyone else run in to this?

It's called TotalCare.
How can they say they will only pay for a part that does not exist? Many 'parts' are not available seperatly, serviced as unit assemblies instead. Some 'parts' are serviceable, some are not. A good example is the evap coil on a roof ac. If it fails, the ac unit is replaced as an assembly.

The statement as written does not make sense. Sounds like weazle words to try and get out of paying legit repair costs.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
GS denied my claim for $700+ for the engine A/C compressor. The clutch bearing was howling, the repair guy said the bearing itself was not replaceable, IE a whole new unit was required. GS said the bearing alone would be under the deductible, so they denied my claim.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #19

The above comments are typical of GS. When you call the CS people are trained to deny the claim for any reason they can dream up! They deny claims that others routinely pay. Also one of the most expensive plans.
moisheh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had GS for several years on my travel trailers and had several repairs covered by them. I did have $100 ded as my theory is that you have a deductible that you feel comfortable writing a check for.Actually I think I came out ahead on them for what I paid and what they paid. I tried to get their coverage on my '01 Class A DP when I bought it,but it had over 80K,81K actually, and they wouldn't cover it. I also looked at a couple of other plans and since they didn't cover refrigerators,I didn't get one and now it seems as if the fridge is about the only thing that hasn't broken. EVERYTHING that has gone wrong would have been paid for by them..
I know that some folks out there keep saying that you should put the money that you would have paid for a after market policy in the bank,but that would have been only 2-3K$ and just the two repairs on my gennie have cost me over $2K already and if you have engine or trannie problems...OOpppssss...
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #21

I didn't have much 'good' experience with the Good Sam Extended Warranty. Coverage is sketchy at best. What I did have 'good' luck with was AAA. I have AAA Plus RV. It's about $100 a year and if I break down, in my car OR my RV, I get unlimited towing distance. If you break down in an RV and need a tow, it's $350 just to get them to show up. And it has to be a 65 ton wrecker. I saved a $450 tow in Arizona in 2005 and will NEVER be without my AAA.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I just renewed my TotalCare warranty with EasyCare. Wasn't cheap but good company. Wasn't much more than GS. Seems like GS prices are the same no matter what you have. EasyCare is coach specific. Anyway you look at it, it's a crap shoot.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #23

Good Sam Extended Warranty

Good Sam just approved a new Fuel pump for my 2000 Damon Coach.......The total for parts and labor was $8,890.00...........I paid $250.00 deductible, period...........
The policy I have costs $1,750.00 a year..........
I'm years ahead of the game and I never would have had the almost 9 grand to lay out to get my coach running again.........

John
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Good Sam just approved a new Fuel pump for my 2000 Damon Coach.......The total for parts and labor was $8,890.00...........I paid $250.00 deductible, period...........
Wow, isn' t that a lot of money for a feul pump?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #25

If Good Sam pays the bill I don't care............The fuel pump is made up of five modules and they're all high end items and about 10 hours labor because an RV is so hard to work on...........The mechanic was under our bed all day yesterday........Can't do much from outside........With a truck they just open up the whole front end and dig in......

John
Old 06-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzee View Post
Wow, isn' t that a lot of money for a feul pump?
My exact thoughts. I'm not doubting the fact but honestly...that's simple theft. If repairs are all like that I think I may have just made a mistake when I bought our RV! And considering this is our second Class A I'm still scared after reading that one!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlapml View Post
My exact thoughts. I'm not doubting the fact but honestly...that's simple theft. If repairs are all like that I think I may have just made a mistake when I bought our RV! And considering this is our second Class A I'm still scared after reading that one!

The problem is that the Cummins Facility just throws parts at the problem..........They plug in the computer and replace anything that the computer says is bad........I know that a fuel pump could be rebuilt or cleaned and the engine would run again......They won't even consider doing anything but replace parts until the problem is fixed....

I had no other choice but to let them fix it their way as they replaced part after part until the engine was fixed.............I have no idea which part was fouled up.......It could have just been the computer or any one of the other parts they changed.....

Either way, if Good Sam pays the bill..............Let them do what they need to.......The Cummins repair manager knew just what to say to get each part approved by Good Sam...........If not I have no idea what I would have done......I don't have that kind of cash on hand...........

I pay $165 a month to Good Sam and feel that's cheap for peace of mind.....

John
Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #28

About two weeks ago I took my Cat C-7 powered unit to Carter Cat in Virginia. The engine appeared to be ocassionaly misfiring. End result was the replacement of the HEUI pump and the six injectors. I also had the oil changed and a lube job. Out the door expense for me was about $1000.00. Good Sam picked up the balance. The policy also covers motel/food expenses up to $100 a day. For me Good Sam is/was well worth the policy cost.
Bob

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote