Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry I don't have Progressive but I do have Good Sam. They are cheaper than GEICO but the coverage is also less. The only reason for staying with them for now is that when I store my MH during the winter I can call them and get the coverage reduced because I'm not driving it. I usually save about 50% on the insurance and GEICO won't do that.
All I can say is shop around and try to make sure that each quote has the same value so you can really compare apples to apples.

Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #16
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by Engineman3rd View Post
I have Progressive through USAA. Price was great Haven't had a claim yet Good Sam was higher than Geico. After their quote was rejected by me they keep sending emails that their new quote will be lower It really makes me wonder what game they are playing.
I too was handed off to Progressive on MH after being with USAA since the 60's.
When getting Progressive quote I made sure the rep knew I was militarily and USAA, asked about my discount. Was told NO discount or speical rate.

Called Progressive another day for another quote. Never mention USAA. Quote was same, and was hi compared to The Hartford which is who we've been with for two yrs. now.

Just a heads up on USAA/Progressive relationship.
An RVin friend said the only thing progreesive about them is their premiuns.

Here's another tid bit I found. When moving MH to The Hartford, thought I also move the Toad so got the two vehicle discount. Rep told me since MH was "special vehicle" it didn't qualify for two car discount. Not a problem as TH was cheaper then USAA on Toad. May not be that way with all insurance carriers.

Ret. Military/Corporate Pilot
Key West Snowbirds
The Short Bus - 450 HP
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:29 AM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We used Progressive for several years. The first year price was favorable. However, every year we received a modest price increase, with or without a claim. Couple of years ago I got a quote from AARP Hartford. Wow, cut our premium almost in half!
Been with Hartford ever since. Have upgraded our motorhome, and had a few windshield chip repairs, only minor rate increases.
2007 Newmar KSDP. 3912
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
DGBPokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As others said, shop around every year, and make sure you compare apples to apples.
I do every year and the last 2 years have been able to reduce my rv/auto/mc insurance every year.
Health insurance, now that's a completely different story...
'16 Bounder 35K - 5 Star Tune - Roadmaster RSSA
'16 Ford Focus - Blue Ox Avail towbar and baseplate - RViBrake2
computerguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #19
I just went with Progressive and have more coverage than with Good Sam and saved about $300.00 with no claims filed. I'm a happy camper.
Jim/Lois 1999 Newmar Mountain Aire MACA3797 F53 - V10
Bel Air, Maryland 5 Star Tuning & Air Lift Bags
camperkids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:03 AM   #20
Monaco Owners Club
We have had Progressive on our motorhomes for 15+ years. Regularly get quotes and they are always lower or so close it's not worth switching. We hit a deer with our previous coach and had passenger side glass replaced on current coach. They were absolutely great to work with!
I am in the they need to screw up somehow to get me to change mode with them. We also have all our cars under them.
2003 Monaco Camelot (New to us Dec 2014)
BennieH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #21
Less than $600 for full coverage for 1 year thru GEICO.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R See Facebook page for Meridian and Journey.
8.9 Cummins,2016 Ford Explorer or 2004 Jeep Rubicon or 2016 corvette on trl, Vietnam Vet
Texasranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:11 AM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
15 Discovery

Progressive for more than 10 years on 2 cars. 2 claims no problem. On 3 different Class A's for 6 years. Actually came out ahead $500 on 1st and only claim.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:25 AM   #23
Thor Owners Club
Some of you say you have Good Sam insurance. When I called them, they gave me quotes from Progressive and General. In my opinion, that is the same as USAA transferring me to Progressive.

The best quote I received was from National General. Anyone dealt with them, claims, etc?
Erich & Irina
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX
2016 Ford Focus
Techn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
my experience with progressive and the other non-agent insurance companies comes down to this. As long as you are not doing any kind of business from your coach or using your coach to travel to and from a business meeting, you are good. However, they will dis-allow any claim if they even suspect that you are involved in "doing business" at the time of an accident. The other part of course is the "full timer issue" they love writing big moho insurance, but they don't like writing full timer liability insurance.
May your black water hose never break!
lonfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Ok, perhaps I'm wrong, you ought to read this blog over.

Progressive RV Insurance - Beware

May your black water hose never break!
lonfu is offline   Reply With Quote