Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have both GS (Charter Life Member) and FMCA. Also have been to rallies from both. The GS seem to be more fun, but the FMCA is more informative. I do like the emergency medical evacuation service that goes with the FMCA membership.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #16

I also think you should join FMCA as well as Good Sam. The magazine is great and the national rallies have great seminars that are geared to people that own motorized RVs. The FMCAssist coverage you get is great.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:03 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post
I also think you should join FMCA as well as Good Sam. The magazine is great and the national rallies have great seminars that are geared to people that own motorized RVs. The FMCAssist coverage you get is great.

I agree. Both are decent outfits and membership fees for both are reasonable and each one has their advantages.

As far as the frequent mailings from Good Sam I find that they have been drastically cut back since Marcus took over. Prior to that they buried you in junk mail.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludmilla View Post

What is the FMCA assist?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Is Good Sam a thumbs up or a thumbs down or is there a better membership club to join for a Class A RV'r. Wanting and needing to join a club for an ins. discount. Any recommendations?

We use Passport America, Escapees, and Good Sam, in that order!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
Good Sam also has a consumer help advocacy that might be of interest if you're in warranty period with a reluctant manufacturer...
Downside - they still send marketing mail, even if you opt out... :-)
cb1000rider
The only way to stop the incessant GS mailers is to accept their one year free membership offer if/when you get one.... then do not renew your membership when it expires.
That worked for me.
I've been "Good Sam Mailer Free" for over 2 years.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 01-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
What is the FMCA assist?

Here is some reading on your question: FMCAssist
Old 01-08-2016, 06:46 AM   #22

Quote:
What is the FMCA assist?
tmw188
FMCAssist = Medical Emergency and Travel Assistance Program
See: FMCAssist
Old 01-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok we are members of both now just ad it to the up front costs of motorhome purchase. Still looking at insurance quotes. Not a problem it's just that darn pptax that is a pincher.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Ok we are members of both now just ad it to the up front costs of motorhome purchase. Still looking at insurance quotes. Not a problem it's just that darn pptax that is a pincher.
Good for you!

Insurance - you can get a lot of advice and stories on iv2, which is why we are here.

I will not go into a long dialogue - but do not overlook a local independent agent. All my insurance, home, auto, etc is with USAA. Military membership is required at one point in your life or relatives to qualify. They do have great prices - but not for my RV..........to my unexpected surprise, my local Independent Agent came in with a great policy through Safeco...........

Good luck..........

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Good for you! Insurance - you can get a lot of advice and stories on iv2, which is why we are here. I will not go into a long dialogue - but do not overlook a local independent agent. All my insurance, home, auto, etc is with USAA. Military membership is required at one point in your life or relatives to qualify. They do have great prices - but not for my RV..........to my unexpected surprise, my local Independent Agent came in with a great policy through Safeco........... Good luck.......... g
Well I found State Farm with who we have both autos and home didn't seem to know much and not much help. Waiting for FMCA to get back with me on their quote. I do however like a real person on the other end if I have questions and am finding they are very hard to get thru to for questions and that is a turn off for me. I have a quote from a real agent who writes for Allied??
Any opinions out there with Allied?
Old 01-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #26

I really like the FMCA membership and the value is there. The medical return is awesome but I hope to never use it. Good Sam I use all the time and the 10% adds up but the trip planner is a great feature especially if you have their GPS. The FMCA magazine is great as well.

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefly1 View Post
I really like the FMCA membership and the value is there. The medical return is awesome but I hope to never use it. Good Sam I use all the time and the 10% adds up but the trip planner is a great feature especially if you have their GPS. The FMCA magazine is great as well.

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

So how does he trip planner work?

Old 01-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
So how does he trip planner work?

Go to:

Good Sam Club

Click on "Plan A Trip"

Click on "Trip Planner"

You will have to sign in with your membership number, then:

Click on "Plan Your Trip"

Then "Create New Trip"

Ezy Pezy - Lemon Squeezy........LOL

There are many things you can add to your trip, attractions, camp grounds. A great tool for initial research when planning a trip........

Enjoy....

g

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote