Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2016, 07:11 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I have been a Good Sam Club member for a number of years solely for the store discounts. I don't buy much from them but do occasionally when they have something that I need and it happens to be on sale too which is a deeper discount than the normal 10%.

Plus the only time I will re-up my membership is when they offer me the 2 year plan for $50 and send me a coupon for $25 to use in their store. That brings the cost down to $12.50 per year. They usually do that at the counter when I am checking out.

Any of the mailings end up in the circular file without even opening them. I have also heard about people who will stuff all of their advertising into a return envelope and send it back to them.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Go to:

Good Sam Club

Click on "Plan A Trip"

Click on "Trip Planner"

You will have to sign in with your membership number, then:

g
If you are not a Good Sam Member you can go to the Rand McNally tripmaker Rand McNally - TripMaker and get a feel of what the Good Sam Trip Planner is as Rand McNally created it. The only major difference is that the Good Sam one has their database of Campgrounds in it so and you can display them on your route if you want. In the Rand McNally one you have to know the name of the campground and search it and then add it to the trip. Some minor differences are Rand McNally lists counties on the maps GS doesn't which is helpful in requesting tourism information and the Rand McNally has a tool that when you touch the route it shows distance from last stop which is great for planning your travel day otherwise what you see is what you get.

Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Thanks to all, we joined now I will see what it can do.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #32

Carolina Campers
Good Sam Membership

I got a lifetime GS membership. Paid once, for life. Have saved significant amount on both service and products. Received some discounts on parks. Combined with a Flying J gas card, I get a 6 cent per gal discount on gas at the pump, 8 cents per gal on diesel, 10 cents discount on LP Gas, 50% off for dump station use and other discounts.

My biggest discount on parks is my NP Senior Pass, 50% off, so many ACOE parks are $11 - $13/night. Better yet, working as a park host, zero for full service sight.

Btw, I see you have an '05 Dalphin. Before I upgraded to my current coach, I had an '05 Dolphin. There are many things I miss about our Dolphin.

Good luck and happy travels.

Ted
Old 01-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #33

borrowing this thread (not mean to hijack... lol). my gs roadside assistance is up for renewal. it's $89/y. i looked up coachnet website, the similar plan is $89/y too. are there any alternatives out there with a better value?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #34

Carolina Campers
Good Sam Membership

I use Coach-Net and like the service I have had thus far. I also have tow service through my RV insurance. I like having at least two options available in the event two tows are necessary for the same instance. Also, if you decide to try using the Tech service on one, then you still need to be towed, you have the second option available.

Btw, I get multiple years at once, vs annual renewal. Save where you can...
Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #35

I can only comment on GS assistance. Have used it twice in 8 years with both events being handled quick. Blown tire on the side of a freeway was the most "interesting" but they changed the tire and got us back on the road in an hour. Like all insurance I just pay and hope I never need it. Let's my wife and I sleep better at night. I hadn't thought about a second tow being a possibility so I'll write another check and sign up for GS competitor as well. Towing our beast or any motor home gets expensive fast and we travel in some really remote areas so to me it's money well spent.

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #36

Good Sam Towing

We got a free year with Good Sam when we purchased a camper from Camping World in Mytrle Beach. Well we broke down about 34 miles out side of their town and called for a tow. At the time we had had our 18 foot trailer on the back of the camper with motorcycle in it. They told us we had the basic membership and they would tow the camper and the motorcycle but not the trailer. We ended up having to up grade our membership to platinum so they would cover the trailer but as it was we still had to pay another company to tow our trailer and go back to our other insurance company to get money back. Now they want $219.00 a year to renew and they say they only cover boat trailers. As we use the motorcycle as our toad don't know who to go with now.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #37

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I got a lifetime GS membership. Paid once, for life.
My biggest discount on parks is my NP Senior Pass, 50% off, so many ACOE parks are $11 - $13/night. Better yet, working as a park host, zero for full service sight.
We got our Charter GS Life Membership for $175 years ago. It's definitely paid for itself.
I also have the Golden Access pass, have found very little use for it but that's because we just haven't gotten out. I did use it in Hawaii some years ago though! Almost left it home before we went and it did save us the entrance fee, which almost made up for the extra cost of a hamburger over there!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post

We got a free year with Good Sam when we purchased a camper from Camping World in Mytrle Beach. Well we broke down about 34 miles out side of their town and called for a tow. At the time we had had our 18 foot trailer on the back of the camper with motorcycle in it. They told us we had the basic membership and they would tow the camper and the motorcycle but not the trailer. We ended up having to up grade our membership to platinum so they would cover the trailer but as it was we still had to pay another company to tow our trailer and go back to our other insurance company to get money back. Now they want $219.00 a year to renew and they say they only cover boat trailers. As we use the motorcycle as our toad don't know who to go with now.
You need to be with Coach-Net and have the Premier level coverage. That level will cover ALL vehicles including any vehicle which you are driving or riding in that breaks down.

I have one motorcoach, two cars, one motorcycle and one cargo trailer. The plan covers ALL of them.

Last year I had to have the coach and trailer towed two different times on my Alaska trip. Once on the way up in Oregon and again in Northern British Columbia on the Cassier Highway while heading back to the lower 48. The last tow was over 200 miles and would have cost me $7000 if not covered by Coach-Net.

I will never own any other ERS other than Coach-Net and will always have their highest level of coverage. Trust me it is WELL worth it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard