Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have CoachNet as well, and always will.

In addition to their excellent roadside assistance service, I've called them at least 5 times just to ask questions. They have technicians that will do everything they can to walk you through a solution to just about any problem... hopefully saving you (and them) the trouble of sending anyone out at all. It's a huge relief to me to know that they're there.

My two cents; worth every penny.

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I needed a valve stem replaced or my spare put on at a remote location. AAA wanted to tow me 50miles to have the work done. On my own I located a service that came out and fixed the tire. AAA did pick up half the tab some time later. Being wiser and now knowing the limitations of AAA RV Plus I have CoachNet. Even like their trip planning and road map service.

BTW:No complaints with AAA with regular family plan and many, many uses over 40years.

"Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Larson View Post
I needed a valve stem replaced or my spare put on at a remote location. AAA wanted to tow me 50miles to have the work done. On my own I located a service that came out and fixed the tire. AAA did pick up half the tab some time later. Being wiser and now knowing the limitations of AAA RV Plus I have CoachNet. Even like their trip planning and road map service.

BTW: No complaints with AAA with regular family plan and many, many uses over 40years.
Rocky Larson

I agree there is noting wrong with the AAA automobile plans.. (aka: regular family plan).
However the AAA Emergency road service plan often fails miserably when dealing with RVs and their owners.

My Coach-Net plan not only covers my RV but it also covers the autos and/or motorcycles I and other included family members might be driving or towing...as well as motorcycles and trailers.

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 09-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #18

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_coupe 34 View Post
As many of you allready know, Myself and the misses went out and bought a 2007 fourwinds 31ft hurricane, The motorhome is super clean and well kept. So any input on this question will be helpful. And the question is , Do we get GoodSam Roadside Assistance, Or do I put it on my AAA ? Im always a firm believer in what you payfor is what you get..... Good Same $80. AAA $179 This question probally pop up a few times.... Thank-you Joe and Kathy and Snickers our little weiner dog.... The more Toys I buy the bigger they get........
By their reputation and our past experiences, my preference is COACH NET.
You'd be actually insuring yourself and your spouse, not the vehicles, as per say, so you'd be covered with whatever and whoever's property you'd be driving. Obviously the RV would be first and foremost for whatever coverage you might have.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There will always be fans and detractors of any service. If anyone reading this trying to decide which service is best takes only one thing away from this topic, it should be this:

READ THE CONTRACT. If there are parts of the contract you don't understand, make them explain it to you so that you will understand it. If you still don't understand it, it may not be the right thing for you.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #20

Coach-Net for me.

One thing you need to consider when thinking about AAA - there are states where AAA is not available. You can't get a membership there, and if you're traveling there, they can't help you. You're on your own to find a service provider, get/pay for the service and send it to them for reimbursement. A huge problem if you're not familiar with the area.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #21

We chose Coach.net. Thank-you for the input.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Have had Good Sam Insurance and ERS. Used both several times. I won't drive my motor home or any RV, without it.
Mel
Old 09-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #23

Good Sam. Great service. Just found out the wife added RV to our AAA so I think I'm covered.

"life happens, enjoy it".. 🇺🇸
2008 HR Ambassador DP 360 38'
Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #24

I would not take Sam......on my last Trip the RV didn't start.Called Sam and got told it would cost me $120 to Jump it.Maybe more if the have to charge the Batteries.
Why do I have Roadservice if I have to Pay to use it.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_coupe 34 View Post
As many of you allready know, Myself and the misses went out and bought a 2007 fourwinds 31ft hurricane, The motorhome is super clean and well kept. So any input on this question will be helpful. And the question is , Do we get GoodSam Roadside Assistance, Or do I put it on my AAA ? Im always a firm believer in what you payfor is what you get..... Good Same $80. AAA $179 This question probally pop up a few times.... Thank-you Joe and Kathy and Snickers our little weiner dog.... The more Toys I buy the bigger they get........
I have had Good Sam for 4 years an love it.
Fuel pump went out on family car had it towed to shop
Fuel pump went out on a friends car that I was driving to pick him up from the hospital and they towed it.
Had an inside flat tire drove MH home and they sent someone to my house to change the tire.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwejens View Post
I would not take Sam......on my last Trip the RV didn't start.Called Sam and got told it would cost me $120 to Jump it.Maybe more if the have to charge the Batteries.
Why do I have Roadservice if I have to Pay to use it.
Was it the Good Sam operator that told you this, or the contractor who would perform the service? I ask because I have had Good Sam Emergency Road Service for 17 years and 100,000 miles on our coach. During that time we have had a number of calls for flat tire changes, a fuel call when my wife ran her Explorer out of gas, and three tows of our motorhome, the most recent over forty miles through Baltimore rush hour traffic. In all this time we have never had to pay up front for anything, never been charged anything by the contractors for towing, tire service, or even the fuel they brought to the DW. The service has been exceptional and the operators very professional.

By my understanding of the GSERS contract, the jump start should have been free, although I think battery charging would be a different matter, just as would any repairs needed.

I can not make a comparison with CN or AAA, because I have never used them, but GS has lost a lot money on my $90 per year and it's been a huge relief and comfort to have that sort of back-up on the road for the RV and every other vehicle in the family.
Rambow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #27

Coachnet for sure. have used them several times mostly for toad. They always give an eta for arrival of service and call back to check if they have arrived. They watch over you to make sure all is satisfactory.

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt. Aire
Old 10-02-2015, 07:27 AM   #28

So far, nobody has mentioned their insurance carrier. My DW is the business person in the house and her State Farm agent told her that the SF policy on our coach covers the same things as GS or CN.

Now I'm asking you guys whether that's true, or what's missing with the State Farm policy?