Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Coachnet covers all my vehicles.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #16

Howdy!

Just recently used our Coach Net service. We had a flat on our Smart Car and they do not carry a spare. CN responded quickly by sending us a flatbed tow truck that took us to a near by Discount tire center. Much better service than I received from GS ERS when they refussed to pay for a tow in the Yukon that cost me a $2, 000.00 towing bill.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #17

I have Good Sam cover all my vehicles and have used them twice recently; once was a dead battery in my wife's car and the other was to tow the MH to a dealer. They used two different local towing companies, the first was onsite within 15 minutes to jump start the car and the second was onsite within 45 minutes to tow the MH. The tow bill would have been $350 if I didn't have GS coverage. Good Sam called in each case to make sure the tow truck was on time and called afterwards to ask my satisfaction with the service.

Mike

2012 Thor Freedom Elite 28Z
Muncie_6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #18

We have Coachnet which was included as part of our purchase deal. Have used them twice and each time service was prompt, efficient and they called to check that we were satisfied. Have no experience with others but we are happy.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #19

My thanks to all who replied. Although I realize there are previous threads on this topic, I believe recency of experience with these providers is a factor since customer service quality seems to run in cycles. Based on this small sample, we opted for Coach-Net this time.
Safe travels to all...
Mike
'06, 36' CC Inspire 360 #51534
Cat C9
'11 Wrangler Unlimited
Lowflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettyjock View Post
I use Coach-Net and had to get towed this year.
Very professional and called back many times to see how things were going.
me to
I just renewed my coach net
we had our truck (toad) break down this past feb outside la grange, waaay outside of town

even though they transferred to ford to get them to own up to a tow, the coach net folks called back almost every 45 minutes until we were safe and sound at the ford place some 30 miles away
to note..ford roadside called back almost as much

both called us a few weeks ago to follow up on the ordeal
not sure why they did, but it made me feel good

what was weird was when i called coach net, within a few minutes of on the phone they knew my exact location and i was using a older dumb phone, but the truck has a great factory nav system.
she stayed on the line when ford came on and again when the tow truck operator called us.
the only bad thing was the tow truck operator and his equipment....it was far from road worthy and he was a nice guy but a bit on the rank side. the a/c didnt work, windows were wedge up and none of the dash gauges worked, including the speedo, did i say it was over 90F that day
and the seat belts were jammed so we had to hold them vice buckle up

i was pleased at how coachnet and ford handled my emergency
i expressed our pup was in our m/h some distance away and it was late in the day
ford had a loaner standing by and coachnet had reserved us a rental at the avis place in case the ford car fell through
they imo made a very stressful situation, calming
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
CaochNet has been there for me twice now, both time super professional and less than hour from call to back on the road
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Coach Net covers all my vehicles and also they provide trip planning.

Used them once on the previous coach for a jack issue and currently on a trip that they provided trip planning for.

When I come up for renewal I will stay with coach net.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #23

We have had both - GS and CN. Our current insurance provides CN as part of the package. We have used CN twice with excellent service. Very pleased even tho we did not have any issues with GS.

2000 DSDP 38
Homeless Vagabonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #24

Coachnet.com has been the best for us.

Gs, left us stranded blocking traffic on a two lane road, explaining their rv tow driver was on vacation so they could not help us. With no options I ended up replacing the fuel pump on the road while passers by kept yelling obscenities and throwing items. Good times....

AAA, on the way back from the river (hot Arizona in the summer), our radiator blew. They left us sitting along side the road for 6 hours waiting for a tow. Me, the wife and two little kids. Finally a small Toyota pickup with a dolly showed up to tow us. After determining that he would not be able to handle towing us (yea that was obvious) he said he would send a larger truck in a couple hours, at the cost of $1000 to $1200 for the tow.

I ended up calling my brother in law 2 hours away, he brought me a radiator from the local parts store, by the time he arrived I had my radiator out, bolted the new one in, 15 minutes we were back on the road. (I owe Eric big time)

By the way, carry drinking water no matter what. We sat there all day with no water to drink. Tow truck drivers do not carry anything with them, no matter how long they have made you wait in 115 degree temperatures. Nor is that their responsibility. Be prepared for the worst.
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans, #5016
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #25

Coachnet.com has been the best for us.

Gs, left us stranded in our old c class blocking traffic on a two lane road, explaining their rv tow driver was on vacation so they could not help us. With no options I ended up replacing the fuel pump on the road while passers by kept yelling obscenities and throwing items. Good times....

AAA, on the way back from the river in our old c class (hot Arizona in the summer), our radiator blew. They left us sitting along side the road for 6 hours waiting for a tow. Me, the wife and two little kids. Finally a small Toyota pickup with a dolly showed up to tow us. After determining that he would not be able to handle towing us (yea that was obvious) he said he would send a larger truck in a couple hours, at the cost of $1000 to $1200 for the tow.

I ended up calling my brother in law 2 hours away, he brought me a radiator from the local parts store, by the time he arrived I had my radiator out, bolted the new one in, 15 minutes we were back on the road. (I owe Eric big time)

By the way, carry drinking water no matter what. Be prepared for the worst.
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans, #5016
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Last year, on I-10 west of Tallahassee, FL, my hydraulically activated parking brake came on while moving down the highway. Was able to get off on the shoulder while still rolling. First question CN asked was, "Are you in a safe location?" Of course, this happens on a Sunday afternoon - doesn't it always work that way?

Call screener took all the pertinent info. 15 minutes later a technician called back. He was familiar with my parking brake system and what had to be done to tow a 24,000 lb MH. Said he'd make calls and get back to me ASAP. About 30 minutes later said he has tow on the way and had 2 choices for repair facilities and 2 choices of campgrounds to stay overnight. After telling him what I wanted, I called the KOA west of Tallahassee to make a reservation - the owner said CN had talked to him and made arrangements for a pull-through with easy in/out access!
Tow truck shows up with a gi-hugic vehicle. Goes to work to disconnect the drive shaft and remove the rear drop reciever and stone guard so they wouldn't drag. Very professional driver.

After a nice night in the CG, an even larger 3-axle tow truck shows up in the morning. He took us to Champion Chevrolet in Tally, parked us and re-installed reciever and stoneguard.

I feel the service by Coach Net in giving me choices for service and place to stay was a bonus! The tow company's vehicles were both clean and neat and both drivers were very professional.

In 96,000 miles on the road I have needed them twice (once for a blow-out) and will continue my subscription with them

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use Good Sam. For many years, I had Allstate, simply because they would tow a motorhome. Others would not. Now I opted for Good Sam and have used them several times. Twice to tow a motorhome. I am very pleased with them and their professionalism.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
We have used Coach-Net form North Carolina to Alaska and in between with prompt, professional, and satisfying results. In Alaska, Homer, we had a fuel pump failure on the day before the 4th of July 2012. Coach-Net found what turned out to be an excellent towing service and repair shop for a diesel Cat engine 39 ft. MH. I was impressed. Parts needed to be flown in and the repair has been working fine for 9K since. Had a serpentine belt fail in Oregon when it was 106F outside. I had the spare and Coach-Net had service truck there in an hour and installed in 30min. They have also provided aid in trouble shooting electrical issues on the coach. We have been satisfied with there scope of knowledge and technically competent people. We strongly encourage Coach-Net for any MH emergency support on the road.
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote