Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
You will not be unhappy with coach net, I would have nothing else. 42 foot of motorhome and 32 foot of trailer and they cover it and my other vehicles. When the Monaco was DOA on the side of the road the took care of me, when I ran a bolt through the tire on a Sunday they took care of me when I was in the middle of no where. I have been with them for three years and every time I have had to call them they have been polite and punctual, with multiple call backs, will never travel without them. You made the right choice.
B

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #30

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your experiences with all of the road service groups. In our one year of motorhome ownership, we have not needed road service, and your insights certainly helped us decide to renew with Coach-Net.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #31

Truthfully I drive better knowing I have their 800 number in the RV bedroom drawer.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Coachnet. Had Good Sam's. Won't do that again.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #33
srh

Monaco Owners Club
I have had Coach Net and have used their services. They truly are customer oriented, punctual and I highly recommend them. They have earned my renewal without any doubt!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #34

We got Coach-Net because of all of the good reviews here. However, I'm not sure I like the way they handle things. When you have a problem, they will ask you if you want someone out for service or a tow. You have to choose then and there, on the phone without knowing what you really need.
They will only pay for one or the other. So let's say you opt for a technician, thinking maybe it's something small that can be fixed on site. They'll pay the $150 service call, (nothing towards parts or labor) however, if the tech can't fix it and you need it towed it's out of your pocket. Why can't they wait and see what you need? Being towed is a last resort, so why not see if it can be fixed without towing first? I just don't get it. Doesn't seem fair to expect you to take the gamble with choosing one or the other while you're sitting on the side of the road.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Coachnet. Had Good Sam's. Won't do that again.
What kind of problems did you have with Good Sam? I've used them twice so far without any problems.

Mike
Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is like asking, What is better a Ford, or a Chevrolet? Both have good points and bad points.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #37

I have both. If the first can't fix the second will tow. Neither will do both. It's cheap insurance.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post
This is like asking, What is better a Ford, or a Chevrolet? Both have good points and bad points.
Howdy!

Not at all! Would you buy another Chevrolet if they did not stand behind the product they sold you. Not me I want own another Chevrolet, but that's another story.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
I only have experience with CoachNet and it has all been very good. I see no reason to switch.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGJR View Post
I have both. If the first can't fix the second will tow. Neither will do both. It's cheap insurance.

That's a GOOD idea and would've solved our problem.

What would most of you do, though, in a case where you weren't sure whether you'd need a tow or not?

In our case we would've been towed 65 miles in the opposite direction from which we were traveling. Our coach just shut down after a "coolant level" warning. This was our first trip and we weren't familiar with the rig, or any diesel, for that matter. Our choice was to have tech come with coolant and see if it solved the problem or be towed. Adding coolant worked, but I still think it's a bad policy to have to choose on the phone.

Does Good Sam do the same thing?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #41

Precisely the helpful information I was hoping to get by starting this thread. 4tfamily's post informing us that we get either service tech or tow, but not both, was news to me. A subtle but very important bit of information. Then the notion of buying both, Good Sam and Coach-Net by CJGJR, in order to overcome the problem of either / or, is valuable knowledge for me. My thanks to all who've posted for sharing your knowledge.
'06, 36' CC Inspire 360 #51534
Cat C9
'11 Wrangler Unlimited
Lowflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #42

We have used Good Sam for several years and used it several times with the toad with excellent results. This spring, we used it for the RV. Took 7 hours to get a wrecker in Dallas Texas and then the RV was damaged while towing. Still working with Good SAMs (Allstate) with the claim. It is slow, but we will see.