Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #15

That's weird. Today is 8-7-2014 and I recv'd my 'Standard' renewal and the price is $114.95. How did you get the $79 number?
Rnicfingrp

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #16

When we purchased our new to us, (2002 Coachmen diesel from 1986 Southwind gas), motorhome we not only changed our road side assistance to Good Sam but we also changed our auto, motorcycle, and homeowners insurance to Good Sam. We got better coverage on everyone of the policies and they saved us over $1000.00 a year.

At one point we had to be towed, nothing serious, but the towing bill was around $500.00. Just signed the receipt and away they went. It is well worth the yearly premiums.

When I have contacted Good Sam about questions concerning our coverages they are not only courteous but get the answer(s) quickly. When we are satisfied with the answers they always go over them again just to make sure they have answered all of our questions to our satisfaction.

I can not say enough good things about Good Sam.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When we purchased our new to us Bounder we also signed up for GS roadside assistance. It was offered at a first time purchase of $79.00. We did not purchase a good sams membership at the time.

So far we have not had to use it and Good Sams sent us a free membership card a couple of weeks ago.

So far I like them.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #18

All my vehicles are insured by Progressive. It's only an additional $24 for roadside assistance which we've used a few times without any problem. Our premium actually went down for our yearly renewal. I'm sure all the insurance companies have contracts with pretty much the same towing outfits. Picture shows loaded up in Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory. Coach had to be taken to White Horse, YK., which was 180 miles. Glad I didn't have to pay for that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Loaded #2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	70218  
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
$79.00 is only for first time members.... Your renewal will be $114.00....
Old 08-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First..... yes, Emergency Road Service is important. I use CoachNet.

If you use your RV a lot, you must cover yourself on three levels: general casualty and liability, roadside assistance, and service contract for breakage and failures. You have a large complex machine; small bumps are expensive, and things break or fail from time to time. That's life in the city. It will run about $2G per year or less to keep yourself fully covered. That figure is based on my coach and toad.

Second.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
..... I recently received my renewal notice at $139.99 / year and called to tell them "no thanks".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
.....If you got a renewal for $139.99, I wonder who sent it? GSRA is $79.95 'Standard', $114.95 'Platinum RV', $159.95 'Platinum +RV'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnicfingrp View Post
.....I recv'd my 'Standard' renewal and the price is $114.95. How did you get the $79 number? Rnicfingrp
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpgb View Post
..... It was offered at a first time purchase of $79.00. We did not purchase a good sams membership at the time... Good Sams sent us a free membership card a couple of weeks ago....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
$79.00...for first time.... renewal will be $114.00....
You have been targeted by Marcus Lemonis, a master of saturation multi-pronged marketing. It's what he does. Any Good Sam or CW inquiry, purchase, or membership comes with an endless stream of junk mail-- even for products and/or services you may have already purchased! You will need to order an additional container from your trash pickup service.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #21

@Ramets -Post #18

I have now checked with the progressive agent, if there is a Roadside Assitance for $ 24. Here is the answer.

"You currently have that coverage. towing to the nearest qualified repair facility or up to 15 miles to a place of your choice of your choice. Up to one hour labor if needed. USA and Canada. It covers lock out and fuel if needed. The company that provides that coverage for Progressive is AGERO 800-776-2778. 24 hours a day. This is on the back of your id card.
"

Do you have other infos for me?

Thanks.
Walter
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Sounds like the SMART thing to do would to be to at least always have a unmounted spare and the SMARTEST thing would be to have a mounted spare. Why people would want to waste their time and money buying a overpriced tire and sit on the side of the road waiting for it to be mounted by a repair person is beyond me. If you carry a mounted spare they simply put it on and your on your way.
Your logic is good, but from the practical side of things a mounted spare tire on a 22.5" rim is 37"-38" in diameter and weighs somewhere around 150lbs. Most folks don't have, or want to give up, the storage capacity, both weight and/or space on the off-chance of a flat tire. JMHO
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
All my vehicles are insured by Progressive. It's only an additional $24 for roadside assistance which we've used a few times without any problem. Our premium actually went down for our yearly renewal. I'm sure all the insurance companies have contracts with pretty much the same towing outfits. Picture shows loaded up in Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory. Coach had to be taken to White Horse, YK., which was 180 miles. Glad I didn't have to pay for that one.
It is all your own choice, but I would check into the politics associated with Progressive Insurance and George Soros. I do not choose to do business with them.
Clark Savage Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Good Sam Roadside to the rescue

Have another post on issues with the coach, but had to call Good Sam Roadside Assistance today as 40' DP shut down and would not start. Fortunately, were able to coast into a large empty parking lot.

Good Sam could not find one of their participating towing services that could handle a unit that big and we knew of one only 5 minutes away (as we were close to our home).

They gave me authorization to use a non-participating towing company, emailed me a form to send to them for reimbursement and I should have my $450 towing bill paid in about 2-3 weeks after sending in the claim.

They were very courteous and helpful in getting our rig to the service center.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #25

Triple E Owners Club
One and only experience recently and nothing but excellent service. I picked up a DP in lower BC having purchased GSRSA the week before. On my way home to the Yukon and fan belt let go as I entered Smithers BC. Nearest Cat service centre was 75 km away. Tow authorization was no issue even though the ticket had to be sent to a distant tow company. It all worked out and $1200 charge covered!! Incidentally big shout out to Finning Cat in Houston BC for fast tracking service and I was on my way in good time. High praise to GSRSA
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winni View Post
@Ramets -Post #18

I have now checked with the progressive agent, if there is a Roadside Assitance for $ 24. Here is the answer.

"You currently have that coverage. towing to the nearest qualified repair facility or up to 15 miles to a place of your choice of your choice. Up to one hour labor if needed. USA and Canada. It covers lock out and fuel if needed. The company that provides that coverage for Progressive is AGERO 800-776-2778. 24 hours a day. This is on the back of your id card.
"

Do you have other infos for me?

Thanks.
Walter

Walter,

I'm not sure what other info you need. On my policy it shows a $24 rider for roadside assistance. The 15mi. you quote didn't compute for us since we were in a pretty desolate location. Nearest repair facility was in White Horse. Y.T., 180 miles away. I never saw the towing bill, just signed for the tow and that was it. By the way I wouldn't accept just a tow. I told them I needed a trailer to put the coach on, and they had no problem with that.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #27

We have it and we have used it once when on the road with just our Malibu. The fuel pump quit in a fast food parking lot and of course the car would not go anywhere. Called GSRA and asked to be towed to the nearest Chevy dealer or any other GM dealer. We were told that there were none in the area and the closest repair facility was a Firestone center about 15 miles away. We knew nothing about the area so we accepted that info. A tow truck arrived within an hour and took us there. The Firestone facility was excellent, but the repair (dropping fuel tank and locating an upgraded fuel pump that had just been released) took several days. We rented a car to continue our trip and picked up the Malibu on the way home. With the bank account about a thousand dollars lighter we had a nice clean and repaired Malibu. Then we found out that there was a GM dealership just a couple miles from where we broke down and we probably could have had the repair done there under a warranty exception since we were less than a month out of warranty. I do blame GSRA for not being able to locate that dealership! Of course, GM would not listen to our request for a warranty exception since we had the repair done at an "unauthorized" location. We still have GSRA but if and when I use it again, I will not trust a single word the "assistant" says.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
gorwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #28

I've had it for 5 years, used it for locked keys in the car twice, and for mechanical issues on the coach twice. I sleep and travel better knowing I have it. Its well worth it to me.

jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote