Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #15

GS ers left me sitting both times I called for help. Not times on major interstate at an exit. Gave my exact location and they "could not find it on their map."
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #16

I had a very prompt and courteous Good Sam gal attend to our last breakdown. I was well taken care of yet I will agree w/Steverino.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
My rig wouldn't start Wednesday, called GS. The service guy called me in about 1/2 hour said he would be there in 45 minutes to hr. About 45 minutes GS called me and as if he was there, he wasn't there yet. They volunteered to call him, I said no need, I Had his number. He showed up 15 minutes later.

In April we were in a remote campground north of Kansas City. One level leg old not retract. Called GS, took them an hour to find someone who would come out. It was about 2 1/2 before he showed up. They called to see if he was there, and I told them no, and they called to expedite him.

If you think about it, they have zero contracts or service employees. The people who are going to do the work are local, independent, business people, and the customer is subject to the services availability in the area. GS keeps records of who they used, but that is about it. Basically they get on the Internet, call somebody and negotiate with that guy to come out and help you. You can do the same thing with a smart phone. They do pay the service call fee, but all other cost of labor and parts are on you.

If the service guy is good, and fair GS gets a good mark. If the guy is bad, or a bum GS takes the hit. Not something they have a lot of control over, if they haven't used the service provider before. And I would submit, Brand A, Brand B, makes no difference.All are subject to the local service provider
Old 11-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #18

I would like to add that when I had Coachnet send a tow service, I got to talking with the owner of the service and he stated the only roadside service he would deal with was Coachnet because of how long it took to get paid by all others. I think that says a lot.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
I would like to add that when I had Coachnet send a tow service, I got to talking with the owner of the service and he stated the only roadside service he would deal with was Coachnet because of how long it took to get paid by all others. I think that says a lot.
I've got a good friend that is a tow truck operator that loves GS because of how good they are at paying their bills. He is a member of GS. Not to argue but I think they are just the luck of the draw. Coachnet screwed me so I join GS and GS maybe screwed you so you join CN. Luck of the draw my Friend!!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
I left Coach Net after they left me stranded, not sure any of them are any good, probably depends on where you are.
Truer words have never been said. It's a crap-shoot as to who sends help when stranded on the road.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #21

I Called Good Sam on 10-31-2015 when my 1975 GMC died in Lake City, fl while I was taking it to GMC Coop in Orlando. Apparently the intake manifold couldn't handle the FL heat. Good Sam wanted to take me 3.2 miles where someone worked on General Motors. There was no telling them this is an antique motorhome that is a classic and very different. It cost me $819.00 to get my own tow. I have called them and they won't talk about anything. They want the original tow receipt. They aren't getting that. I can make as many copies as they want. The only thing the woman on the phone wanted me to do is renew my road service because it renews 12-26. Guess what I said.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I'm convinced they are all the same...everybody strands everybody!
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
towing service

I think it depends on the time of day and how busy they are. I have my towing service with my insurance company. 19.00 per year and not restricted to anyone in particular for the tow. They will reimburse. I got my coach stuck and I called a tow and they came right away. Sent the bill in and was reimbursed no question accept what happened. (State Farm)
inlineskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #24

I really think it does have to do with who you talk to. My advice is if you don't like the tone of the conversation, hang up, and call back until you get a friendly.....GS helped me July 4th and had a guy to me in less than an hour.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
I Called Good Sam on 10-31-2015 when my 1975 GMC died in Lake City, fl while I was taking it to GMC Coop in Orlando. Apparently the intake manifold couldn't handle the FL heat. Good Sam wanted to take me 3.2 miles where someone worked on General Motors. There was no telling them this is an antique motorhome that is a classic and very different. It cost me $819.00 to get my own tow. I have called them and they won't talk about anything. They want the original tow receipt. They aren't getting that. I can make as many copies as they want. The only thing the woman on the phone wanted me to do is renew my road service because it renews 12-26. Guess what I said.

On your contract it states they will take you to the nearest facility that will work on your unit. They we're prepared to do what you had signed up for. No where in the contract does it say they will tow your unit to a place of your choice.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
And what does the contract that you signed say they would do?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
On your contract it states they will take you to the nearest facility that will work on your unit. They we're prepared to do what you had signed up for. No where in the contract does it say they will tow your unit to a place of your choice.
My Coach Net agreement specifies towing to the nearest "qualified" repair facility to perform the repairs on my coach. I would suspect that GS is similar.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
any word from the OP and how they made out?

Tags
need help