Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
On your contract it states they will take you to the nearest facility that will work on your unit. They we're prepared to do what you had signed up for. No where in the contract does it say they will tow your unit to a place of your choice.
But in my case, they planned to get us to a GM dealership that not only was not qualified, but didn't even know what a TZE (code for the GMC motorhome) is.

Not a lot of help folks...
Fortunately, the GMC group has a lot of good people or I might still be waiting along a busy highway.

Matt

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #30

Was hoping to hear the ending, never know when it could happen to one of us.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last time we used CoachNet was on a Sat. Engine started running rough just before a truck stop south of Portland. Limped in and put $30 worth of fuel in, then drove around and parked it. Called CN and told them the info (stressing that we weighed 50,000#'s) and location. They called back and said the no one was answering their phones over the weekend and they'd get one to us on Monday. Since we were about 40 miles from home I loaded the cats, DW and clothing into the van and drove home. Made a couple trips and stayed in the MH two nights till Monday morning. Driver did arrive and said that their phones were on 24/7/365 and that CN probably didn't want to pay the weekend call out rate. The truck was not quite heavy enough for our rig and the drive had to call in another truck to help lift the front end. He also mentioned that he had to drive slow when towing it as the trucks front wheels were coming off the ground on some bumps and I believe it from the pictures I took.
Anyway, it all worked out OK although I did have to take an extra day off due to the delay.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I still have the application on my desk to send in. For those of you not familiar with a GMC motorhome, it is built on the Toronado chassis and has very little to do with anything GM today. Tools and parts are specific to this motorhome and the normal GMC dealer knows nothing about them, as Matt C said above. I ended up getting Miranda towing from Oveda to take me to Orlando and paying $819.00 out of pocket.
bsinmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
I still have the application on my desk to send in. For those of you not familiar with a GMC motorhome, it is built on the Toronado chassis and has very little to do with anything GM today. Tools and parts are specific to this motorhome and the normal GMC dealer knows nothing about them, as Matt C said above. I ended up getting Miranda towing from Oveda to take me to Orlando and paying $819.00 out of pocket.

I would assume that you would have special insurance on these units as you probably have a good amount of cash invested in them.
Also would assume if they are a specialized unit I would check with coachnet or GS to see if they would accommodate the special requirements of these units.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Do to lack of readily available roadside breakdown assistance and higher costs, we generally don't travel on weekends. Have met RV'ers that had to spend weekend on side of road living in coach with semi's going by at 65 mph couple feet away.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:54 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anybody heard anything from RanCarr about this problem?
Old 12-11-2015, 03:14 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
one time i called coach net...no one answered....called over and over ..
Old 12-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #37

Quote:
I had a towing service backin the days before wheel lifts 7 trucks tow mostly new cars for dealership I was the only one that towed the GMC motor homes very front end heavy and had to carry a limber yard with you to shore up to keep from bending or breaking anything. I got one of the first wheel o frame lift that came out how nice it was.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
Can anybody tell me if Coachnet is better than AAA or GS??

Matt
They all use the exact same contractors. Depending on the area. Sometimes there is only ONE guy for a very large area, and that's how you end up with the thirteen hour wait time, (most likely after he sleeps/showers/eats and then drives to your location).

A few years ago, on a trip to San Francisco while towing a PopUp I had a few issues. My Popup experienced a flat tire, so I called GS. They sent out a truck, and he brought a wheel/tire, and got me on the road. That same week the battery on my Expedition died and I called AAA. The exact same guy and truck came to my rescue!

He mentioned that he also worked for Allstate, Coachnet, Mercedes Benz, and Ford roadside assistance.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #39

Quote:
In a case like yours, my GS contract states they will pay for the closest tow to a "Qualified" repair shop, if I desire it taken elsewhere which involves more miles, those more miles are my responsibility.
Is yours worded similarly?
BeachDude said it all about service providers.
There is a HDT road service company that is nationwide. Last time I called GS ERS, they sent this company to me. I had phoned this man through the number GS gave me. I explained what was broken and texted a picture of the broken part to him. He showed up about an hour later with parts in-hand, 30 minutes later all was repaired. I signed the bill, and he left. From now on I'll specify that company if they are within range. Two days later the company owner called me for a satisfaction rating and any suggestions for improving service. Turned out they are just getting in to MH service. Can't remember the company name now, I'll have to find the bill.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help