Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #15

The only problem I had was I couldn't find any 275/70 22.5 G670's in stock when mine needed replaced due to age, last year.
After 10 yrs (44000 mi) of flawless service, my well cared for G670's all still looked like new. but 10 yrs was as far as I was willing to go. I kept looking for this "rivering" to appear, but it never did; nor did any other uneven wear pattern.
Now it has Michelins, but I would have gladly bought more G670's if I could find them at a reasonable price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
anyone else having problems with the new goodyear tires?
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
LVRVLUVR

Off topic but you got me curious. I counted 7 rigs in approx 3 yrs.

Can I ask which one was your favorite ?
my favorite was the tribute of that bunch..... but my wife hated the retro look

we were at a camp ground and a guy told her we did an amazing restoring it..
the problem with it was we went 150 miles and the wheel bearings went out...

the favorite one that we both kinda like is the 26he winnabago,... walk around bedroom... tows great , most power of any motorhome we have had...and i've probley have had 25 diesel pushers....33-40 'rs

of coarse i'm like every one else.... I wanna drive a 20'r and get there with a 40'r

i got my first motorhome when I was 17..and I have owned over 50 motor homes since...

one of my all time favorites was the southwind 32v with no pop outs..that p30 sure road nice

so to answer the question... the 26' winnabago he... has the most powerpulls my trailer up 6% grades faster than the 330hp journey and the 300 hp excursion...also it has a walk around bed room in the rear
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
The only problem I had was I couldn't find any 275/70 22.5 G670's in stock when mine needed replaced due to age, last year.
After 10 yrs (44000 mi) of flawless service, my well cared for G670's all still looked like new. but 10 yrs was as far as I was willing to go. I kept looking for this "rivering" to appear, but it never did; nor did any other uneven wear pattern.
Now it has Michelins, but I would have gladly bought more G670's if I could find them at a reasonable price.
I bought a set of 275/70/22.5's for my excursion...after changing to bilsien shocks and doing the tire swap... you couldn't feel it was going down the road

before that everything rattled and squeeked... the 255's were too small for the coach imho..
Old 10-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #18

Cool
Old 10-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Funny, the Michelin tires on our Honda CRV have 93,000 miles on them!

Our Goodyear G670 RV tires on the coach have 45,000 miles on them and are "rivering" really bad. Just started about 8,000 miles ago.
Here is a picture I got off the net. Mine look slightly worse than shown in this picture.
my tires will end up like that because they wobble side to side about an inch....
when you spin them on the tire machine the tread pattern looks like your picture

i think that one of the issues here is people don't know any better.... they don't get the tires checked when they are new...you should not have any viberation in the coach or tire shake...

people go get in a MH for a test drive... wow this one sure rattles and squeaks then drive one that is better and buy it....they live with the problem and think thats how all of them are.....NOT

I'l get the problem figured out....I'd all ready have swapped to 22.5's if the wheel wells would work...
Old 10-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
LVRVLUVR

Off topic but you got me curious. I counted 7 rigs in approx 3 yrs.

Can I ask which one was your favorite ?
that list doesn't include the 34' journey... or the 23' concord class c...
Old 10-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
I would guess none...................
Now that's funny!....
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
my favorite was the tribute of that bunch..... but my wife hated the retro look

we were at a camp ground and a guy told her we did an amazing restoring it..
the problem with it was we went 150 miles and the wheel bearings went out...

the favorite one that we both kinda like is the 26he winnabago,... walk around bedroom... tows great , most power of any motorhome we have had...and i've probley have had 25 diesel pushers....33-40 'rs

of coarse i'm like every one else.... I wanna drive a 20'r and get there with a 40'r

i got my first motorhome when I was 17..and I have owned over 50 motor homes since...

one of my all time favorites was the southwind 32v with no pop outs..that p30 sure road nice

so to answer the question... the 26' winnabago he... has the most powerpulls my trailer up 6% grades faster than the 330hp journey and the 300 hp excursion...also it has a walk around bed room in the rear

You do know that you don't have to sell them when they need their first oil change, right? People all over the world change the oil in them every day and just keep on driving the same rig for years and years.

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGus View Post
You do know that you don't have to sell them when they need their first oil change, right? People all over the world change the oil in them every day and just keep on driving the same rig for years and years.

that's what causes so many grumpy people in rv's...

I want what I want , when I want it.....when I don't...well...., bye Felicia

but thanks for the heads up... I change exhaust, tires, wheels, shocks, window coverings, add sumo's, TV's gps dvd players.fix all the rattles and seal up all the wind noise....but.... never had to change the oil
Old 10-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #24

Quote:
that's what causes so many grumpy people in rv's...

I want what I want , when I want it.....when I don't...well...., bye Felicia

but thanks for the heads up... I change exhaust, tires, wheels, shocks, window coverings, add sumo's, TV's gps dvd players.fix all the rattles and seal up all the wind noise....but.... never had to change the oil
Do you have your own office/desk/set of files etc. at the local Department of Motor Vehicles? The taxes alone on all these purchases would put me way over the edge. Wow. Oh well, if it's what you want to do, have at it.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #25

I have about 3500 miles on my Excursion since delivery. Can't solve the vibration issue. It's been to the tire shop twice, back to the dealer twice and the Freightliner dealer once. I've installed Centramatics and still have heavy vibration over 50. Each place I go says to get rid of the goodyears.
Tom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_ View Post
I have about 3500 miles on my Excursion since delivery. Can't solve the vibration issue. It's been to the tire shop twice, back to the dealer twice and the Freightliner dealer once. I've installed Centramatics and still have heavy vibration over 50. Each place I go says to get rid of the goodyears.
on my excursion I changed out the tires to 275's.....smoothed it out

https://youtu.be/SFKbbAPA6aQ

Old 10-29-2015, 06:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Do you have your own office/desk/set of files etc. at the local Department of Motor Vehicles? The taxes alone on all these purchases would put me way over the edge. Wow. Oh well, if it's what you want to do, have at it.
Scott
I only pay tax on the difference...560 bucks....
cost me 1400 to go to ruth criss steak house in vegas
Old 10-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #28

Tags
ems, problems