Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #15
Ok, we gave up on the DP as it is just too expensive.
Just driving home from Florida in a 2012 Forest River Georgetown class a that I ABSOLUTELY love!!! It solved all of my issues with the class c and has a bunch of other pluses that I did not expect:
Plenty of power... It is very easy to get up to 70 and stay there. A little too easy (:
MUCH better ride than the c. If fact, I would say it was very close to the 2008 DP we test drove.
MUCH quieter inside throughout the entire RV.
Much Quieter generator, AC, & heating system.
Way better view out the windshield!!!!
Much better ride in the rear bed in case someone is sick....
More stable on the road when being passed, high winds etc..

A few things that we are disappointed in but unless we bought new and picked out everything AND they offered fabrics/colors that were EXACTLY what we wanted,this is an excellent compromise!!!!!

relay700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #16

There are many advantages of having a fifth wheel trailer. But the biggest disadvantage is in travelling long distances. With a family of five plus a dog any tow vehicle is going to be crowded. A class A is going to allow everyone to spread out a little and not get cramped up. Plus not having to stop for on of the family members to use the bathroom is a plus. A diesel though more costly to operate will have a nicer ride with it's air suspension, air brakes, and having the engine in the rear away from where you are sitting. It makes for a nicer riding experience. I'm sure other will have ideas for you but that's my take. BTW 6 speed transmission!

Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by CryptoIDMan View Post
Thanks so much Relay! That is great information. I was really starting to doubt myself after the previous post about C's.
Congratulations on your new coach!

Dennis and Katherine
2000 Monaco Dynasty
barmcd is online now   Reply With Quote