Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #15

That $ucks. My wife does not like what I do but I keep the door and all storage compartments unlocked. If they want to get in they are going it get in.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #16

Memory foam really is the way to go. Problem is, there are a million different types at 700 different price points and you never know what your getting. I actually built 3 of my own 6 years ago.

Looking to get a King for my 364TS and am considering Casper mattresses, they have a latex layer and no bullshit pricing. I know RV Kings they are shorter but they are easy enough to cut if I had to.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
I went to a factory and picked up a memory foam mattress and saved some big bucks and have a dream of a mattress.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #18

Mattress Facts

Folks,
Was shopping for a mattress about a year ago and after much research found Cape Fear Bedding's site. A great amount of info contained here, makes for fascinating reading even if you never buy a thing from him. Cape Fear Bedding Discount Mattress Store Wilmington, NC
Keep Smiling,
Bob R
Old 03-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Regarding the break in - sounds like what happened to ours a few years ago. Get the insurance company to have the interior cleaned by a professional crew. That way all the glass, fingerprint powder and other debris gets cleaned up, carpets get cleaned as well. Don't know if you got a quote yet, but seems that ours was around $5K to replace the window and clean up the mess. Oh, and they tried to start ours with a screw driver in the ignition switch.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #20

Getting up during the night, there was a flash of light in the living room. Investigating, a long pole with a hook was sticking through the living room window and a guy on a step ladder was doing the fishing. Don't leave your valuables lying around, I don't anymore. The price of fresh air, not inclusive.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the Comments and different views. We decided to go with a memory foam mattress that is 60x80x9 on sale at Mattress Firm. We will bring RV home on day of delivery they will take away old mattress and bring in the new mattress! Insurance is taking care of the cost. Window is on order and will be installed at the Storage Lot when ready.

We plan on taking everything off the RV and purchasing some plastic totes for loading and unloading the RV. I hope this does not happen to us but can never say never!

Alan & Terry
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:26 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
That $ucks. My wife does not like what I do but I keep the door and all storage compartments unlocked. If they want to get in they are going it get in.
They were Vandals out to do damage would not have helped If I had left the door wide open they would have still probably broke the glass in spite!

Alan

AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage