Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
GPS holder

We have a Rand McNally RV GPS but I can't seem to find a decent mount for it to be on the dash. I don't want to put it on the windshield. Anyone have a solution for a Class A mount? Thanks

Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kid Carl
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
My Garmin came with a double sided adhesive disk that fastened on the dash right in my line of view. The suction cup on the stand securely fastens to the disk and is very firm. If you Google "GPS dash mount" you'll find many options to choose, I'm not sure of the dimensions or type of mount a Rand McNally provided in the box. As of this weekend, Best Buy has many mounts on sale.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We used to mount ours on the driver's side window, which is convenient to the driver. When we replaced the Rand-McNally with a Garmin RV760 we bought the "beanbag" type mount and it works great.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To answer your question - no. I wish I had. Mine fell off the dash of my previous coach and broke the glass and is kaput.

I bought the app for my iPad. It works very well. Then we bought new coach,Winnebago Tour. It has the Rand McNally built into the dash.

John Abbott
RRGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
You can do a search on Amazon, you will be overwhelmed by the options.
I have one that firmly holds anything from phone to 10" tablet and can be mounted in a cupholder as well as on a window using a suction cup.
p.s.: tablet is for rear view camera and navigation
2013 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch,2014 Trilogy 3650 RL, 8000# axles, disk brakes, I.S., 960 Watt Solar
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
I use the dash pad

rkainsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
I use my Samsung tablet for my GPS and wanted to mount it on my dash. I found rammount.com. They have all kinds of nifty doo-dads with which you can assemble a custom mount for most anything. I also bought a cup holder that let me position my coffee cup closer for instant access (in case of a caffeine emergency...)
Not full-timers (yet)
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster 40B, Cummins ISL 425, Allison MH3000; 2013 Ford C-Max with Air Force One, 4 wheels down; Cricket golf cart stowed inside the C-Max
oldkartracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #8

Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
We used to mount ours on the driver's side window, which is convenient to the driver. When we replaced the Rand-McNally with a Garmin RV760 we bought the "beanbag" type mount and it works great.
Bean Bag on dash with 760LMT

I used to use a window suction cup for my TST TPMS but now it too sits in it's cradle on the dash. It interfered with the side drape etc...
2007 Fleetwood Southwind
volvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
Freightliner Owners Club
Rand McNally sells a plastic disk that adheres to your dash. Check out their web page.

Alternatively, I purchased a Bracketron Nav Mat II GPS Dash Positioner which is a rubber mat (+/-7" x +-/5") with a smooth, round disk for the RM GPS and a sticky back that adheres, but not permanently, to the dash. My dash has a tough surface and the GPS suction wouldn't stick but the pad stuck. The only caveat is that the pad's disk is a fraction smaller than the GPS suction cup and you have to be very careful to align them up.

Version II has been replaced with VIII the last time I checked. I purchased mine from cabella's but you can find them on eBay and amazon. I've had it for over a year and repositioned it 3 times without any problems.
2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my allegro bus has a small set of drawers below the dash in the middle of the dash area between the two seats. above the drawers is a wooden area with two cupholders in it. I found the standard window mounting bracket will fit in there pretty nicely. If you want it good and tight take a piece of Velcro and stick one side inside the cup holder and the other side on the bottom of the window mount. It is nice and convenient there and the wife can still reach it to program a new destination or look for campgrounds etc.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:27 AM   #11
GPS moumt

I mounted ours on a piece of glass tile (one square) which I epoxied to a piece of 3/8 plywood then screwed it to engine cover,if you want send me an email and I'll send you some pictures,The suction cup sticks very well to glass tile
Rich pauperspride.blogspot.com

pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote