Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #1
Thor Owners Club
Graphics Fan?

How many of you like all the graphics, whether vinyl or paint. Do you think them gaudy or beautiful? Would you rather have a manufacturers offer simpler color schemes?

I saw a 2011 Monoco Vesta with a two tone paint scheme that looked nice. Far simpler and to me more elegant. But that's just me. Curious

2012 A.C.E. 29.2
2013 Ford Focus Titanium
Mountain Home, AR
RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
I like the graphics and would not buy something I though was ugly.

2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
My wife isn't a big fan of all the swooshes, but we both admit that too bland doesn't work either. She feels that single color rigs tend to look like commercial vehicles.
Matt & Leah
2016 Southwind 34A
noflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #4
I do not like them and would like a single color. jmo
rambler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
Manufacturers do tend to get more and more fancy, and carried away. We too tend to the simpler. Another complaint we have is everyone's love affair with black. Some brighter colors and a lot less black would go a long way to making a more striking coach and one that doesn't show the dirt like all the black does. We are seein some slight movement in these directions, but it's very slooooow.
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:10 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We like the swirls. We tend to like a good amount of black as well. It just seems that when using black as part of the color palette, they tend to also use golds and burgundies. I like what Entegra coach has done with adding bright greens and blues to their black coaches. Really sets them apart. Now if somebody could come out with a coach that is mostly pearl white with some of the bright colors, that could be refreshing. There is something to be said for the classic swirly paint schemes, while some think they're gaudy,it does scream high end coach
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
Funny, awhile back I had a thread about the color tan. Seems we've moved toward black these days. My coach is green and silver. Personally, I like the simpler designs. But it is fun to see all the different coaches and designs out there.
Coleman pop-up
Jayco Kiwi, Jayco Eagle
Monaco Knight 2006
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #8
At our favorite local State Park, one of the attendants has a white coach, the windows and tires are dark, but other than that, it's white. Don't know if it came that way or they had it redone. I'll have to agree with a comment above about it doesn't exactly remind you of a motorhome.
We have basically black and lots of swirls.
2015 Itasca Sunstar 36Y w/2012 CRV toad
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Personally, I like all the swirls and 4 color paint designs and so must 99 percent of new coach buyers because every new coach we looked at, had a fancy paint job. We were only shopping in the 150k to 300k range so I cant speak to the other price ranges
I did notice that there seems to be a trend for lighter colors, less black and gold then a few years ago.
2015, HR Ambassador 38DBT / 2006 Jeep TJ Towd
340 Cummins / Freightliner Chassis
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #10
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I like most of the graphics I've seen. One or two may have been a bit gaudy for my taste, but hey... it wasn't my RV, so to each his or her own

We did once see an all white Class A rolling into a park, and I get what they were going for, but honestly it just looked like the world's biggest refrigerator on wheels. Not at all appealing.

I'm generally pleased with the exterior graphics on my RV (pictured in my signature below) but even I think they're a little on the bland side. I wouldn't mind if they were just a little more blingy, and I've been talking to a painter about repainting just one of the swirls on each side a different color. Nothing crazy, maybe just a nice deep maroon or burgundy... something to give it a little kick without drawing too much attention.

We'll see
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 4302
pulling a 2013 Ford Edge Limited

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:39 PM   #11
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'll keep the swirls! I count at least 8 colors on ours.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:17 AM   #12
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 05 Dolphin has graphics that look like leaping dolphins.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1459248847.356146.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	122627
Just had mine updated.
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:04 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I like the different designs. I was looking at some of the Prevost conversion companies websites (one can dream), and some of the paint schemes I saw were simply amazing.

Brian and Tammy
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Tow Bar, Patriot Braking
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote