Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I never used a ladder ( other than the rear one to get on the roof). I had aluminum extendable poles with scrub brush , chamois mop and squeegee attachments.
Clifftall
How did you re-caulk above the windows and/or do other required sidewall maintenance with an aluminum extendable pole, a scrub brush, a chamois mop or a squeegee?
Wondering
Mel
'96 Safari

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
mchero
I, (like you), carry a 12' telescoping ladder.
I carry mine in the trunk of my toad along with two 12" pieces of foam pipe insulation.
To reach every area of the exterior of an RV one needs some kind of portable ladder, (even if the RV has a "mounted ladder"...which BTW my Safari does not have).
Mel
'96 Safari
Thanks for the post Mel!

I do have one of those short rear ladders that can't be climbed w/o additional short ladder. I have a Hydrolift on the rear that makes it easy to get to the rear ladder.

I was carrying around one of two folding\telescopic ladders, almost like those "little Giants" that I have here at the house. Nice ladders but a tad large/heavy for RV'ing.

We are planning to start full timing within a year so I started working on getting the cargo weights down.

I have a three piece "privacy screen/shade" that snaps on the Drivers/windshield/entry doors. I need a ladder to snap the top snaps on the driver & Windshield sides. I can get to the door snaps using the steps.
One trip I forgot the ladder & had to get on the roof to put the shades up. Not fun.

mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Trade frequently or hire someone. 😃

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Clifftall
How did you re-caulk above the windows and/or do other required sidewall maintenance with an aluminum extendable pole, a scrub brush, a chamois mop or a squeegee?
Wondering
Mel
'96 Safari

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #18

As long as I do all my servicing myself I'll be up on that roof.

When you are about ready to get up on the roof make Sure EVERYONE KNOWS! I had a friend up on the roof of is own coach standing near the edge. His wife exited the coach & when she stepped on the entry steps the coach rocked & the person on the roof ALMOST lost balance & fell over the side!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
......When you are about ready to get up on the roof make Sure EVERYONE KNOWS ......when she stepped on the entry steps the coach rocked & the person on the roof ALMOST lost balance & fell over the side!

What, no stabilizers down?
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I never used a ladder ( other than the rear one to get on the roof). I had aluminum extendable poles with scrub brush , chamois mop and squeegee attachments.
Even easier is the blue laminate floor mop with micro fiber cloths & telescoping pole (Bed Bath Beyond etal). Spray pad with a waterless cleaner,wax & polish sold everywhere. I use Purple Slice. Be sure to buy a few extra pads for the mop to change while cleaning. If you do this once a month that's all you'll need to do to keep your rig looking clean. Use on windows, especially windshield to make it easier to debug.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #21

Lots of good suggestions. Well at least I don't have to hang a ladder off the back of my rig.

This brings up another subject. I'll have to move to the laptop for this.