Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #1

Grumbine's RV Center anyone know this dealer?

Grumbine's RV Center Harrisburg7501 Allentown Boulevard Harrisburg, PA 17112
I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this dealer? Good, bad or ugly

Please share They have a used unit on their lot that I have some interest in, the dealer knows I am out of state and doesn't really want to take the time to let me know all the issues the coach may have. I really would like to know if anyone is near this place.

Thanks
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
We purchased a 33' used Sunline from them a few years ago. We live 100 miles south of them. They were fairly easy to deal with and even set up our Reese dual-cam sway control for us. The only issue with the unit, was some slide floor water damage. It wasn't something you could easily see with a visual inspection, but it was there.

Overall, our experience was good. They had no control over the slide floor damage. If you decide to go ahead with the deal, be meticulous with your PDI. Take your time and don't let them rush you. If you find any problems, have them repaired before you accept the unit. We recently bought a fifth wheel from another Camping World in Chattanooga, TN and missed something in the PDI. Still trying to get that sorted out.

P.S. This was when they were just becoming a Camping World RV sales dealer. I have no idea what they are like now. Based on our experience, I would consider buying from them again.
EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #3

We shopped there but they couldn't meet the price we got elsewhere. It is the closest camping world to us and the service manager lives down the street from me. I think it is a decent place with good people but I haven't actually bought from them.
DTMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #4

We bought a 2010 Damon Astoria from them. I wouldn't again.

I'll guess that 90% or more of their business is TT or 5th wheels. They really don't know much about MH, both with their sales force and service dept.
bobguigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #5

Thanks Guys,

@DT do you know the service manager very well? Do you think he would be truthful with you about the actual condition of a unit? I know this is crazy but I am "thinking" about buying a mh long distance and I need someone (inspector type) to check it out.
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNDLC View Post
Thanks Guys,

@DT do you know the service manager very well? Do you think he would be truthful with you about the actual condition of a unit? I know this is crazy but I am "thinking" about buying a mh long distance and I need someone (inspector type) to check it out.
I know him to say hi when I pass him walking my dog but that's about it.

If you want to email me the specs on the unit at d t m 9 9 9 AT gmail I could go over and take a look at it and give you a general sense. I need to pick up a few odds and ends for a trip leaving next weekend anyway. I have a pretty good relationship with the salesman I worked with and could ask him to let me check it out. But I certainly wouldn't qualify as an "inspector."
DTMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:07 AM   #7

we purchased a unit through them in Sep 14. unit currently in for warranty work and the service dept has been nothing but one fight after another. they don't return calls in a timely manner and when someone does call they have no idea what they are talking about. Service manager is almost impossible to get ahold of.. Finally had to call CW HQ and file a complaint to get action for the service staff. They have made claims about what fleetwood would cover only for me to call and fleetwood gives a different story.

Delivery was shaky at best considering when we took delivery to person performing the walk-thru had no idea about any of the features of the coach and well didn't know any better... lesson learned for us...

bad thing is they are the closest fleetwood authorized repair location to us...argh!
ssgwsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No personal experience, but two of our camping group has dealt with them recently (past 18 months) and have been very happy....
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:24 AM   #9

When buying long distance as we did, in MD., bought in KY. Find by searching google an independent RV Tech who will inspect the coach. He'll be working for you not the seller. Before I found one I even talked with a service tech at a nearby rv place who would be willing to do the inspection on his time off. So you see you have options. At a distance...be careful....VERY careful.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Bought a new Itasca Ellipse from them in 12/11. Were great to work with on new purchase. Salesman was Jody Chort. Highly recommend him. They did a deal that no other dealer wanted to do (I had a motoryacht that I had to trade).

Service department - well that can be touchy. On warranty items, they did well. Other times I couldn't get a return phone call and when I went there, (I live two miles from them!) I couldn't get friendly service. Service Manager when I purchased was Brian ??. He was good, but I didn't want to run to him everytime I was there.

They have just built an entire new store and service facility so hopefully(?) their service treatment will improve.

Good Luck, if I can provide more, let me know.
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:05 AM   #11

Well be prepared for the worst with this dealership. as I continue to have issue with service department and have had to get fleetwood and CW HQ involved just to get someone at this dealership to contact me.

The sales department does not seem to be the problem. Service Department is big problem. Brian the service manager does not seem to understand what customer service means. Basically told me one story and when contacting fleetwood to verify I was then told a different story..long story short, Brian lied to me about what was being done as far as submitting paperwork to fleetwood.

Nothing like you coach sitting for 2 1/2 weeks with no paperwork being submitted.....

good luck
ssgwsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer