Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2006, 02:48 PM   #1

Lookling at a 2005 Gulfstream Freindship G7 .The fit and finish look very good to me but I'm not too familiar with Gulfstream.

Any body have a Gulfstream diesel and if so how is it holding up?
Would appreciate any input about this coach

Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2006, 02:48 PM   #2

Lookling at a 2005 Gulfstream Freindship G7 .The fit and finish look very good to me but I'm not too familiar with Gulfstream.

Any body have a Gulfstream diesel and if so how is it holding up?
Would appreciate any input about this coach

Old 09-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #3

We presently own our second Gulf Stream coach. The first we purchased in August 2002. It was a 2003 Yellowstone 36' Diesel pusher w/full body paint and lots of options.

The present we purchased in August 2004 at a Gulf Stream rally. It is a 2004 40' Yellowstone diesel pusher w/4 slides that was special ordered loaded and the dealer gave us a heck of a deal, both on the trade and new coach.

We are quite satisfied with Gulf Stream and ownership of the two coaches. We have had no major problems and the few minor ones were taken care of by Gulf Stream and our dealer.

We are members of the Gulf Streamers International RV Club and also the Gulf Streamers Ohio Cardinals.

We spent about 6 to 7 months a year in our coaches, so we have "tested" them. We feel the quality is better than average.

There are others here on the forum that own Gulf Stream products and I am sure they will reply also.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Alan and Lora, we still have our Gulf Stream Scenic Crusier and it has help up very well. We are going on living in it for five years now and all is well. What chassis is the 05 G7 on? I prefer the Spartan chassis but may not decide on just that. Good luck and keep us informed on your findings and decision.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:09 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply's!
I was told (by a sales person) that the Gulfstream Diesel coaches have a real serious problem with their wiring. Anyone have anything along those lines ?

Old 09-18-2006, 05:52 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Overlander:
Thanks for the reply's!
I was told (by a sales person) that the Gulfstream Diesel coaches have a real serious problem with their wiring. Anyone have anything along those lines ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No wiring problems here nor have I heard of any in our Gulf Streamers club at the rallies.

Of course one can always believe what a "sales person" said.

RV Wizard, The '05 Friendship G7 was built on the Freightliner XC Chassis. Gulf Stream has not used the Spartan chassis for some time now on any of their coaches. Presently, I believe they only use Freightliner and Workhorse diesel chassis.

Ron

Old 09-19-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Gulfstream40, thanks for the update. I knew they had changed, just wasn't sure when. How have you like the XC chassis? Is it an IFS unit? What is the the GVW and GCWR? THanks agaiin.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #8

I don't have a big diesel but I've had my class A gasser for 5 years. Have not had any wiring problems or any real problems for that matter.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Wizard:
Gulfstream40, thanks for the update. I knew they had changed, just wasn't sure when. How have you like the XC chassis? Is it an IFS unit? What is the the GVW and GCWR? THanks agaiin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RV Wizard,
I really like the XC chassis, never had any issues with it and it handles great. It is not IFS, I have the "I" Beam frt. axle. I have not driven a IFS unit so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have the adjustable pedals which I really like over the treadle brake. My brake is just like driving the Explorer, not like driving a big rig truck.

The chassis GVWR is 32,000 and the GCWR is 42,000. It has a 276 in. wheelbase with 275/80R 22.5 tires.

Ron

Old 10-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I purchasd a new diesel GulfStream and after 5 months of problems traded it (with a large loss) for a Newmar...finally have quality...the GS had wrong wiring,furnace wouldn't work at night,tv's wired wrong for cable, slide in br always leaked,ater heater leaked,all baggage compartments leaked,rear was de-laminating,trim was cut wrong in bedroom but the CAT ran fine...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote