Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #1

gulfstream g7

can anyone tell me anything good or bad about a 2004 gulf stream g7

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
In the Gulf Stream Owners Forum I have set up a poll you might be interested in. You can do a search and read all the post of G7's also. Good luck and happy hunting.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It was never a popular coach. Not sure if that was because of issues, or if it simply didn't appeal to buyers. Or the dealers who actually buy from the factory with the hope of successful retail sale. Sometimes a coach doesn't attract dealers, so few get sold anyway.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #4

I have a 2006 G7 bought two years ago. My wife fell in love with the atrium slide thus that is what I have. Any specific questions to coach, feel free to PM me and I will answer as best I can and furnish you a more workable e-address. I really have no major complaints other than I personally do not care for atrium room, table/chairs, and bed....alll I get around in my own way. The wife, she's still happy, but sure wants tile floor in front but just another expense I do not want to consider right now. 400 Cummins is really nice and tows very good, coach drives easy enough although there are times I think I would have rather had a tag in a 41'. Again, be glad to give any info I can.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are on year number 3 of owning a 2004 G7. We have averaged around 7000 miles each year, and are currently set up on a nice campsite. We have had no issues to date, other than the grill on the side radiator came loose last year. I did a little upgrading to galvanized steel support for that and no more issues there. The previous owners had removed the dinette table and lounge chair, replaced with a custom leather couch. We use TV trays when we eat indoors, and like the extra seating, especially when traveling to a race or football game. I have read some of the negatives, but we have had no buyers remorse. If I had one complaint, I wish it had a power cord reel for the 50 amp cable. The 400 Cummins does the job, and we like the white finish inside.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsendr View Post
We are on year number 3 of owning a 2004 G7. We have averaged around 7000 miles each year, and are currently set up on a nice campsite. We have had no issues to date, other than the grill on the side radiator came loose last year. I did a little upgrading to galvanized steel support for that and no more issues there. The previous owners had removed the dinette table and lounge chair, replaced with a custom leather couch. We use TV trays when we eat indoors, and like the extra seating, especially when traveling to a race or football game. I have read some of the negatives, but we have had no buyers remorse. If I had one complaint, I wish it had a power cord reel for the 50 amp cable. The 400 Cummins does the job, and we like the white finish inside.
That is about what we put on our G7 in miles most all to Cowboy Action Shooting matches. The white interior was a big buying point to us also. We have been giving thought to replacing table/lounge with another couch also. I was wondering about the weight in the atrium slide as it is floored only by about 3/4" plywood. We rarely eat at table anyway. Where did you find the couch that fit? The bed in rear is so small and I move a lot at night these days that I sleep on couch (not opened) quit often, another more comfortable couch would be so nice. We, mostly wife, loves TV so 42" LED in front and 32" LED in rear(both LG) with Traveler DISH all makes for nice travel. I do have roller for power card. Ours is the model 8411. bill
Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The couch had already been installed in place of the table and chairs when we bought it. No idea where it was purchased, but it matches the rest of the interior, and can comfortably seat 4 people. ( I also find it a comfortable sleeping location.). Ours has two drawers built underneath that work well for storing pillows and blankets. Our unit is also the 8411 model. The atrium slide operates with no issues. I would suggest checking at a quality RV dealer and see what they could do to find a couch that would work well in the MH. Good luck!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsendr View Post
The couch had already been installed in place of the table and chairs when we bought it. No idea where it was purchased, but it matches the rest of the interior, and can comfortably seat 4 people. ( I also find it a comfortable sleeping location.). Ours has two drawers built underneath that work well for storing pillows and blankets. Our unit is also the 8411 model. The atrium slide operates with no issues. I would suggest checking at a quality RV dealer and see what they could do to find a couch that would work well in the MH. Good luck!
Would sure like to see pic of couch in the slide.....and the drawers really sounds like great idea. I know not everyone is good at posting pics to wire.
Glad to know slide is carrying weight. Think I will look into this. Do you have the Sony surround sound, where was the woofer moved to? Mine is aganst front wall of the atrium slide.
Thanks. Bill
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The MH is parked at the lake now, but we are heading back on Saturday morning. I'll get some photos for you of the couch and the drawers underneath. The sub-woofer was moved next to the passenger Captain's chair. I'll get a photo of that as well. When we turn the passenger chair around, we have to turn it so far, move it forward, then it will turn completely, with the Sony sub-woofer beside it. It works for us!!!!! Depending on Internet function at the lake, it may be next week before I get you the photos. But I'll do my best. And I hope the walleye will be hungry on Saturday and Sunday!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #10

Will look forward to checking out pics. Will pm a e address in case you prefer. Thanks
Bill

Tags
gulfstream