Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
I was talking with a friend today who is also a police officer. I was considering the purchase of a handgun, so I asked his advice on a make and model. He offered advice, but then asked me why I was considering this purchase. When I told him of the life on the road in the motor home scenario, he had an excellent suggestion.

Instead of a handgun, I'm going to purchase a Taser. They are not licensed and you can buy them at Walmart. They will knock a man down and keep him down, without danger of killing him. No CC permit required, for almost the same level of protection.
Hmmm... Good suggestion.

And, the come in the convenient iStun model: http://www.amazon.com/Guard-Dog-iStu...keywords=Taser

Dan.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #30

I tend to avoid going to places that don't allow me to protect myself or my family.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #31

No comment except tell my nephew who is a double amputee from Iraq that it is not our right to protect our house or MH and he will show you a few pictures of what used to be his legs
Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #32

Freightliner Owners Club
New Jersey often treats the Federal Firearm Statutes as an "affirmative defense" - Any doubt about your transporting a weapon or "parts" , or proceeding by the most direct route, may result in your arrest and the judge will decide if you meet the Federal standard.. Discussion went into-- transporting a handgun in vehicle was legal but taking luggage containing a handgun into a motel room violated NJ laws..

New Jersey statutes specifically prohibit a person from possessing hollow nose, dum-dum, or armor piercing bullets (other than law enforcement). Possession is of a crime of the fourth degree.(up to 18mos/$10K)
Note that the statute does not require the ammunition be in a weapon, or even near a weapon. Indeed, no weapon is required at all. Simply having a single bullet in your pocket is sufficient to be found guilty of this serious charge. Not 22 cal ammo.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #33

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
How do you know it's not shared? DL status, warrant status, etc - lots of that stuff gets shared.. I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't show up on in-state traffic stops. In TX, the information is "private" but shows to law enforcement.
And you know it's shared"?

Same for WA, private and only in the state records I'm told it shows up when the DL is run. WA made it illegal to share the CPL info.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #34

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksRA View Post
Just another reason I won't be visiting New Jersey....
X2-also IL, NY, CA. They don't respect the Second Amendment; they don't need any of my money!

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #35

I routinely hear concealed carry license information being given over the police scanner when plates are ran before the vehicle is even stopped. If you have a CC permit and are stopped in Indiana, it's likely the officer will ask you if you're carrying a weapon as a result. If you are, they will run the serial numbers to make sure it isn't a stolen weapon. I don't know if this has been contested in court yet, but it sure smacks of violation of rights on several levels. If the state that issued your CC permit has signed an agreement of reciprocity with Indiana, your permit is honored here.... but by complying, you get your serial # in their ever-expanding data base. I don't know how many other states are doing this now, probably more.

As far as New York is concerned, I remember reading where Armored Car employees were arrested for illegal possession of firearms when they entered the city. It's gotten worse since then, I believe. Now, possession of only a magazine that can hold more than 8 rounds is illegal, no gun required to be charged & jailed.

I'm not trying to stir up a hornets nest, but separating your firearm into all its parts and locking each one up separately still is no guarantee that you will be "legal". They want all citizens & visitors disarmed, period. Common sense has no part in it, and much of the east coast shares the same sentiments. You may have the Constitution on your side, but they have most of the politicians and courts on theirs. I won't go there, can't afford the attorney fees.....
Jess
Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #36

IL has recently changed some due to a Supreme Court ruling. It's gotten better.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
Florida:
790.0601 Public records exemption for concealed weapons.—(1) Personal identifying information of an individual who has applied for or received a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm pursuant to s. 790.06 held by the Division of Licensing of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is confidential and exempt from disclosure.

It was explained that it does not appear when Drivers license is run. The data base is available through FL. Dept of Agriculture as a separate inquiry by law enforcement when required by official duties....

Old 08-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As it seems to happen way too often with gun topic threads they seem to go very far afield of the original post as well as trample on iRV2 Community Rules.

See My RV Upgrades
Closed Thread