Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had it with kinky

Neither DW nor I are kinky but our water hose sure is.
White hose with a stripe with brass couplings kinks and stops flow like mad!
Who knows what and where to get a superior water hose
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #2

The RV Water Filter store. Little expensive but the last hose you'll ever buy.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:08 PM   #3

There is now a new hose that is come out within the last couple of months that is fully metal in taste kind of like the metal on a shower wand it works really great there are 50 foot hose and you can get them at Home Depot Walmart they work perfect and never kink
pplwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #4
RV LIFE Support Team

I don't believe those metal hoses are for potable water.................FYI

rvwaterfilterstore.com best hoses, last a lifetime.........

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:23 AM   #5

Check out one called Zero G. It is super flexible, won't kink, and drinking water safe. When not in use you can coil this up just like an extension cord, it's that flexible.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I've never had my Camco Premium hose to kink.

Camco 22843 Premium Drinking Water Hose (5/8"ID x 35') - Lead Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VHXS20..._Q.puzbDV9EA01
Old 06-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #7

I always buy the cheapo 25' white hose at WalMart and I've never had a problem with kinking in 17 years. I just coil it up neatly before storing and uncoil for the next use. I always drain it before storing too. Never had an issue.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:05 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I always buy the cheapo 25' white hose at WalMart and I've never had a problem with kinking in 17 years. I just coil it up neatly before storing and uncoil for the next use. I always drain it before storing too. Never had an issue.
Same here, working with the hose, not coiling tight, draining each use, trying to keep them out of the sun, and draining when below freezing works fine. As you would with expensive hoses.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele View Post
I've never had my Camco Premium hose to kink.

Camco 22843 Premium Drinking Water Hose (5/8"ID x 35') - Lead Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VHXS20..._Q.puzbDV9EA01
+1

Mine doesn't kink either...

2018 Renegade Explorer / 2021 Jeep Gladiator
MFortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-guy View Post
The RV Water Filter store. Little expensive but the last hose you'll ever buy.
+1 Best hose on the market.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The key is to take your time and coil it carefully. Once it gets a kink, the structure of the hose is weaken so it will re-kink in that same place very easily.

This is one drawback to a hose reel. Ideally, you would drain the hose and wind it up and be done. A wound kink with additional layers of hose laying on top of it won't let the hose expand (unkink it) when it is pressurized.

The OEM hose on our coach was 1/2" and had worn spots, kinks, was short that I needed to connect another hose at most CGs, so out it went. However, our hose reel has a barbed fitting for 1/2". I purchased a Camco 50' 3/4 as bigger is better eh. Option 1 was to cut the end and hope I could get hose clamped down tight enough to not leak on the 1/2 barb. Then I looked at the hose and looked at the reel and figured out that 50' of 3/4 hose was not going to fit on the reel. So, on to Option 2. Cut the OEM hose 5' from the female end. Re-attach the cut 1/2" end to the reel. This removed all of the worn/kink spots and solved the potential leak issues. The 5' allowed the hose to exit the floor port so if there was ever a leak between the two hoses, it would be on the ground.

Yes, I had to coil the 50' and store it which defeats purpose of the hose reel but when I winterized, I only had the 5' to ensure was drained. I also bought a plastic cap that I threaded on the female end to keep dirt out when winding and bugs out when in storage.

The 50' was always drained after use and the ends coupled together for bug protection.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:57 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
This is what we use! It also comes in 25' length!

https://www.amazon.com/4001-50-Light...o+g+water+hose
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
Same here! Just coil it up and take care of it, and it will treat you nice too!!
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #14

Any home improvement or hardware store should sell spools designed for holding electrical extension cords. The one I have has an offset handle on each side to make winding up a breeze. Holding it chest level and cranking drains almost all the water out as I go.

Rolling versus coiling means a LOT less kinks and twists.