Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
baloo's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville area
Posts: 224
Has anyone tried LeakSeal/Mighty Seal/Seal It/ etc spray sealants?

Has anyone tried to use the spray sealants advertised on TV -- names such as Leak Seal (Rustoleum), Seal it, Mighty Seal and several other names?

I saw you can get these in White, as well as clear. I have used the black spray seal in the past on my house roof, and it does go on like paint, and covers well as a spray paint does.

just wondering how it would hold up on a MoHo roof. Certainly could be used in an emergency, as it is much easier to apply that the Eternabond procedure.

Feedback?
__________________

__________________
baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Barlow46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Coast Fl
Posts: 1,136
"Snake-oil" in my opinion.
__________________

__________________
2016 Arctic Fox 25Y, 2016 F350 4x4 DRW, 6.7 Power Stroke. East Coast of Fl.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cumming, GA.
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
"Snake-oil" in my opinion.
The OP asked, "Has anyone tried to use the spray ..."
I think he was soliciting someone's opinion who may have used the product not a comment from someone who viewed the commercial.

I have actually sprayed a small area on my roof and still don't believe I have enough information to offer an intelligent opinion.
__________________
rexabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
greezykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ocala Fl.
Posts: 393
I saw a review on TV,SNAKE OIL was the final review.
__________________
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Barlow46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Coast Fl
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexabbot View Post
The OP asked, "Has anyone tried to use the spray ..."
I think he was soliciting someone's opinion who may have used the product not a comment from someone who viewed the commercial.

I have actually sprayed a small area on my roof and still don't believe I have enough information to offer an intelligent opinion.
Rex,
Actually the OP asked two questions. One did indeed ask "has anyone tried" and the second was after he questioned the use on a motorhome room and asked for "feedback". Not knowing what his rv roof is constructed with (fiberglass or EPDM) makes it kinda hard to answer as some products can be used on one but not the other. However, after reading about and seeing the ads for the product, I feel that the product is marginal at best and thus my "feedback" still stands....snake oil in my opinion. Your coach roof is not the best place to try out untested products as you can do some serious and expensive damage. After I read some of the reviews on Amazon from those who purchased the product but couldn't get it to stop a leak in their gutters at home, I don't think I would experiment with it on my coach roof. Eternabond is a tried and true product and again in my opinion, would be the better of the choices.
__________________
2016 Arctic Fox 25Y, 2016 F350 4x4 DRW, 6.7 Power Stroke. East Coast of Fl.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cumming, GA.
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
Rex,
Actually the OP asked two questions. One did indeed ask "has anyone tried" and the second was after he questioned the use on a motorhome room and asked for "feedback". Not knowing what his rv roof is constructed with (fiberglass or EPDM) makes it kinda hard to answer as some products can be used on one but not the other. However, after reading about and seeing the ads for the product, I feel that the product is marginal at best and thus my "feedback" still stands....snake oil in my opinion. Your coach roof is not the best place to try out untested products as you can do some serious and expensive damage. After I read some of the reviews on Amazon from those who purchased the product but couldn't get it to stop a leak in their gutters at home, I don't think I would experiment with it on my coach roof. Eternabond is a tried and true product and again in my opinion, would be the better of the choices.
Now that is an intelligent response.
__________________
rexabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
sgtjoe's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,809
You all just ruined my trip to San Diego. I was taking an old screen door that I sprayed with that stuff and was going surfing with it.
__________________
Joe & Angie
Shih Tzu's Cookie & Rocky
2001 Tradewinds 7390 2011 CRV EX-L Navi w/ RoadMaster FuseMaster
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Lucie West, FL
Posts: 5,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
You all just ruined my trip to San Diego. I was taking an old screen door that I sprayed with that stuff and was going surfing with it.
Bummer Dude !!
__________________
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Manuel B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 144
I have hail damage on my A/C shrouds and a powered roof vent, they have been patched but still start leaking sometimes, when I saw the TV stuff I thought about it, then did a search for reviews, there are many brands of the same idea, from $12. to $39. most of the user reviews were negative on Amazon, Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leak Ender Two Pack - Flexible Spray Sealant as Mighty as the Flex Spray As Seen On TV
Same with other review sources, also found the identical positive reviews on multiple sites so those must be fakes,
Camping World has this one, Spray-n-Seal Instant Rubber Roof Repair, 16 oz - Leisure Time Marketing 60030 - Roof Maintenance & Repair - Camping World
I'll probably try it on my shrouds vs. $100. each but not sure about other uses after reading what users thought.
__________________
1990 34' Hawkins Motor Coach, Oshkosh/460 Ford EFI. '97 Subaru Impreza 5 speed towd, NorthEast Alabama.
Manuel B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
djbmsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlotte Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,806
From the research I did, I found the product to contain almost identical as "undercoating" which is found in most auto parts stores for 5.95 and still would not use it on my MH Roof, even in a temporary situation.
__________________

__________________
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.