Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #29

Nor'easters Club
Some use an air line restrictor such as this link shows. I haven't used them, but the concept should reduce bouncing. Another option is to install KONI adjustable or ROAD KING shocks.

Call Mark-O-Wheel on West Ave at Buffalo Rd for suggestions. They do all of Wegmans trucks. They do excellent chassis & suspension work. Other shops include Thru-Way Spring for axle & spring needs, Regional international, or Tracey Road Equip-Freightliner. I get all my truck parts from Cook Brothers.

For RV house type needs, Ballantyne RV in Victor is a good shop with 6-10 bays and a body shop. Johnston RV is another, but a smaller dealer. Wilkins RV is another good dealer, but their main shop is in Bath, a small hike from here.

For RV parts, Brads Trailer Supply is the best around. They supply many of the local RV dealers and offer great prices and the widest selection I've seen.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #30
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsflight View Post
Some use an air line restrictor such as this link shows. I haven't used them, but the concept should reduce bouncing. Another option is to install KONI adjustable or ROAD KING shocks.

Call Mark-O-Wheel on West Ave at Buffalo Rd for suggestions. They do all of Wegmans trucks. They do excellent chassis & suspension work. Other shops include Thru-Way Spring for axle & spring needs, Regional international, or Tracey Road Equip-Freightliner. I get all my truck parts from Cook Brothers.

For RV house type needs, Ballantyne RV in Victor is a good shop with 6-10 bays and a body shop. Johnston RV is another, but a smaller dealer. Wilkins RV is another good dealer, but their main shop is in Bath, a small hike from here.

For RV parts, Brads Trailer Supply is the best around. They supply many of the local RV dealers and offer great prices and the widest selection I've seen.
Bob, Thanks for you reply, Good information.

I purchased the new air bags for the motor home through Cook Brothers. When I owned my shop I used them for Drive shaft balancing, and purchased half shafts from them, they are good people.

I used to go to Marko Wheel Service until Gus retired. I have not been back since he left.

I talked with Thru-Way Spring (Scott) and they are willing to install the shocks If I cannot. I have used Thru-Way for years for alignments, they are a great shop.

The new shocks coming from Gillig are Koni Adjustable shocks.

When I called Ballantyne at the beginning of the summer to do the air bags on the motor home they said they did not want to do them as the Motor Home was to big/heavy for them to work on.

It appears the motion control valves in the link you provided are to control rock and roll. my problem is bounce (up and down) in the front suspension. I believe it is because of weak shocks. If that does not solve the problem I will investigate these valves.

I have used Brad's for hitch parts, did not know they handled RV parts, Thanks

My thoughts at the moment is I will try and do as much work as I can myself. I have just been burnt to many times recently.

Conway, Caledonia RV, and Camping World were all more than willing to take my money, but when it came time to stand behind their work they ran away.
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Motor Home does not wonder, steering is tight, it is the suspension that is soft.
Well, the shocks aren't suspension except that they dampen the response if the suspension gets overactive.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #32

Nor'easters Club
The air line restrictors are placed near each air spring, in your case between the front bags and the ping tank, as part of the air supply line to the bag. They will reduce the ability of the air to free flow from the bag to the ping tank resulting in a firmer ride. A firmer ride because the air can't escape the air bag fast enough to allow a large front end downward or upward bounce movements. Basically it creates a stiffer spring. Adjustable shocks attempt to provide the same result, but by a different means.

When near Brad's Trailer Supply, stop in and ask for a catalog. They give them out. I get a new one every year.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #33
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Well, the shocks aren't suspension except that they dampen the response if the suspension gets overactive.
Exactly, they damping the up and down motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsflight View Post
The air line restrictors are placed near each air spring, in your case between the front bags and the ping tank, as part of the air supply line to the bag. They will reduce the ability of the air to free flow from the bag to the ping tank resulting in a firmer ride. A firmer ride because the air can't escape the air bag fast enough to allow a large front end downward or upward bounce movements. Basically it creates a stiffer spring. Adjustable shocks attempt to provide the same result, but by a different means.

When near Brad's Trailer Supply, stop in and ask for a catalog. They give them out. I get a new one every year.
I live in Irondequoit, so not a long trip, will do so the next time I'm over there.

I used to drive gas tankers for Hess, right across the street.
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, forum