Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
Have I broken it?

Have a 99 Coachmen Mirada, took it out for a spin last weekend. Filled the water tank under the bed before I left, to the very top. Noticed a water leak when we arrived at the camp site from the pipes under the bed. Luckily I was able to turn of the stop valve leading out of the tank, but is it possible that overfilling the tank has caused a problem? I assumed that there was an overflow if needed.

Help or advice needed please.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:52 AM   #2

tanks are vented..which will overflow if need be......with thank under bed..you can't pinpoint the leak?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #3

Thanks. I hoped that there would be an overflow that would take care of overfilling. The previous owner used some expanding filler around one of the pipes near where the leak us and I think that is where the problem will be.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is the "leak" under the motorhome ? If so my assumption would be it is coming from the overflow.
If the "leak" is inside by guess there is a cracked pipe (tubing).

Is the motorhome subject to freezing where you are? If so maybe the overflow had some residual water inside and it froze causing the tubing to split?

And remember. It's only broken when you can't fix it anymore.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
The overflow tube may be clogged also. Bugs like to build nests in tubes. Just a thought.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Leakage

I had this same thing, at the beginning of the year and fixed it; now, it's happening again.

Ours turned out to be a ring clamp on hose that was loosened due to vibration. Then, I had the bad judgement to fill the tank without opening the manual-fill port (allows better venting). After that, the leakage went from a drop or two now and then to always having a puddle under the rig.

Today, I'll drain the freshwater tank and try to remove it altogether so the floor beneath can be cleaned and painted. It remains to be seen if there will be enough room...

You might check the hose connections. Cold weather has a way of loosening those.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #7

The leak is inside the bus between the tank and the pump. Although we had snow twice this year the tank is under the bed and I would be surprised if it got cold enough to freeze the pipes. Taking it in to get the pipes mended or replaced today. Will check the overflow pipe, but does anyone know of its location?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #8

Sorry should have mentioned the water leak is inside the bus, and is wetting the carpet in front of the bed!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #9

Problem solved! The water pump had blown a seal and was leaking. $195 plus fitting and it will all be replaced. Also getting a new SMEV oven fitted at the same time so MH is getting ready for permanence. Thanks for your help, as always there are plenty of people here to give much needed advice.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What is a SMEV oven ?
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #11

A propane oven with a grill, four burners and an oven, all self lighting. European make I believe.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #12

Maybe attempt to clear the lines with air incase anything may have built up in the lines. Then once that's done maybe you can find the leak.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmoney
Maybe attempt to clear the lines with air incase anything may have built up in the lines. Then once that's done maybe you can find the leak.
Disregard.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmoney
Disregard my post. I did not see that you found the leak.