Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2018, 04:40 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgchampagne View Post
Originally we planned on pulling out at the end of March, no can do.

My 50 amp chord is buried under 8" of perfectly clear ice for about eight feet, and even if I melted that away

my drive and tag tires are blocked by ice as well. Not snow mind you, but at least ten inches of ice.

So we decided to stay through April. Just remember that a little Salt will do wonders in a little Sun.

I realize now that adding diesel as the months have gone by has been a waste of time, as I have only burned 35 gallons or so the entire winter. You never can tell, better to be safe than sorry. But you probably learned that 4 gallons is a lot easier to pour out of the can than 5.

Guess now I know. The only freezing problem I really had was a grey water valve that wouldn't open when ambient temps got to about -5*F.

So a light bulb in the wet bay took care of that in short order.

I can't check the water in my batteries until some of the ice melts so that I can open the compartment door. I'd guess that will be critical after 4 months so remember to try to check them soon.

I thought it would help to build a pile of snow around the rear of the MH to keep the wind out...

Next year I will plow away from MH. Amazing how smart you will be by the time he Graduates from High School.

Last weekend my 14 yr old took first place in the Big Mountain Extreme Competition. Proud? Sure I am, but I wonder if he knows how much that 8" trophy really cost. ......

I think I will just keep that number to myself until he is in his mid forties or so. Certainly has been a winter to remember.
Congrats to You and Your SON - Great Winter for all.....
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
winter