Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Hello everyone

My first post here. Just wanted to say hello and these forums are great. Lots of good information.
I just bought our first motorhome about a month ago. 1994 Holiday Rambler Navigator 38WB. 300HP Cummins 8.3 126,000 miles. 10KW Onan generator 1500 hours.
We've used it three times now with no major problems. It does have some issues that I've been fixing as time permits. I changed out most of the flourescent tubes and still can't get the bedroom lights to work. I will tinker with that again one day. I bought two new front tires. Rears are still old but much better shape than the fronts were. Still need to figure out what's wrong with the dash AC. On our way home from last trip I couldn't get the generator to start. Got it home and removed and reconnected the wire to the fuel cutoff solenoid. Works fine now (bad connection).
This coach has the basement air which so far I really like. It is ducted in the ceiling and cools good. It is very quiet inside too. Not so quiet on the outside. On our last trip to Gatlinburg, TN our neighbor came over and asked how long we planned to run the generator....haha! I tried to be a good neighbor and make it quieter by turning off one compressor and standing my folding table on its side near the condenser exhaust to deflect some of the noise.
On the way home I really wanted to go the scenic route and avoid Pigeon Forge but had concerns about the grades on HWY 441. I searched these forums and saw posts both for and against that route. I decided to go for it. Grades were no problem at all. Opposite direction drivers in my lane were a much bigger problem. Not so much on HWY 441, but we took HWY 74 thru Nantahala gorge. This was where we got run off the road by one semi-truck and one motorhome.
Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to share some of our experiences.

GA Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Hi GA Navigator,
Welcome to iRV2. You are going to know more about your coach than you ever wanted to know. It is just the nature of the life style. You have many adventures waiting for you.

2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to irv2

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy and welcome! You sound like a typical RV owner... there's always SOMETHING that needs attention!
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Welcome GA Navigator,

Nice to see another HR owner posting. We love our 1994 40'. Ditto here on the basement A/C noise but the tradeoff is that you can almost turn the entire coach into a refrigerator, it gets that cold. Relays on the circuit board are a problem though, weak and sometimes stick. We had our issues with the lights and had to replace some ballasts.

These are excellent driving rigs with darn good mpg. Overall very happy with this one. Good luck with yours!
1994 40' Holiday Rambler Navigator (Jenny II)
Chevy Tahoe following very closely
Afc-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
Hi Ga Navigator, I am a resident do Evans, Ga a bedroom community of Augusta, Ga. Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to exchange ideas and learn. Lots of smart experienced folks on the forum. Safe travels!
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
from NH.
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote