Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #15
I found out the Vision has the 230hp Cummins 5.9 and the Allison 4 speed with O/D. I can buy it for probably low 30's. I am torn between this and an 2000 HR Admiral 34 PDS with V10 and 11k miles again mid 30's $. Again Thanks for your words of wisdom. Damn budgets anyway!

borderjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Hi John,

I like Rexhall, was also on my short list. I do not like, though never had, propane generators. Also, I'd rather have a generator with medium to higher hours, then one with low hours - they need to be run frequently, to keep things working.

You mentioned two RV's. You may have already done this, but I will make my normal suggestions:
-Go visit RV shows, large dealers, and walk thru as many kinds of RV's as you can.
-Learn the differences. Slides, driver slide only, leveling vs auto leveling, CCC and related weights, tank capacity - such as Grey, gas vs diesel, side vs rear radiator, 4spd vs 6spd, compression brakes vs exhaust brakes vs retarders, raise rail, paint vs gel coat, dual pane windows, insulation value, water heater vs aqua/hydro hot, etc., etc.
-Sit down and make your list of 'Must Have's' and 'Like to Have's', so you can do some comparison when looking.
-Set your budget range.
-Reserve budget capacity for baseline maintenance catch up
-Come up with a short list of manufacturers and models that seem to fit your lists, then go shopping.

Also, IMO, drop age to reach budget level while still retaining the highest quality coach that you can. Quality lasts. The 'bones' are what count, as all components of all coaches will need the same maintenance and eventual replacements. With manufacturer's, you can usually fine the model line where you start getting the higher quality 'bones' but without all of the 'glitz' that add weight and costs. If the 'glitz' is your thing, great!

Many, many good used rigs, and it is a buyer market.

Have fun, and best of luck,

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
Ok, a coach I called on and thought we could not afford, just came down in price to our budget. It is a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery, Freightliner Chassis, 275hp Cummins, 6 sp. Allison. This coach has 35k miles and is in very nice shape. it is the 34Q. One owner. I can get into this for the same mid to upper 30's, they were at 55k. Anyone with any Discovery experience? I thank you for your time. John

borderjack is offline   Reply With Quote