Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2016, 07:36 AM   #1

Help!! 2007 Travel Supreme Mid Engine

Looking at a 2007 Travel Supreme mid engine and I can't find anything out about them.
It seems like T.S. is the only one to produce a mid engine and they only did it once not sure if that was because it was a mistake or because they went out of business or both.
We are new to rv'ing and the unit we are looking at fits most of our want list just not sure about the mid engine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WillieG14
willieg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieg14 View Post
Looking at a 2007 Travel Supreme mid engine and I can't find anything out about them.
It seems like T.S. is the only one to produce a mid engine and they only did it once not sure if that was because it was a mistake or because they went out of business or both.
We are new to rv'ing and the unit we are looking at fits most of our want list just not sure about the mid engine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WillieG14
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieg14 View Post
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place.
Hi..
No "wrong place".... Travel supreme and Newmar built a few of these mid engine coaches.. Very few of each..
There in fact is a ME Travel Supreme on E Bay right now..
I can't give you much specific info on them but they are around..
If you have a need for this arrangement it might be OK.. I have never been in one so can't comment on the floor arrangement first hand..
Good luck with your search..
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #4

For the higher end DP combo Class A/Garage unit, the TS was one of the highest quality units produced.

I would suggest searching in the TS Owners section, maybe ask an Admin to move it to that section.

I have talked with three owners of this coach, all were pleased with their decision. Two of them still pulled a toad behind them, one did not, as he carried his toad in his garage. (Can't recall if it was a Smart Car, or a Mini Cooper Convertible.) A gent I talked with at El Cajon's Cal Pacific Cummins, said he was very pleased with this decision. As he had moved from a 36' DP pulling a cargo van with his motorcycles in it. He liked having them all contained within one unit. And he said he was several feet shorter overall. He also admitted that he had to run the AC a bit more then in his previous coach, especially if pulling in for a night stopover while traveling, as the engine heat seemed to be slower to cool then his previous DP.

Normal high quality TS components, materials and cabinetry.

Happy searching, and if you do get one, please give us an update on your perceptions...

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what happens.
Willieg14
Old 03-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #6

mid engine ts

I own a T S mid engine I tow a 22 ft race trailer 6000 lbs and a 1972 Mini in the garage we travel all over the U S we get 7.5 mpg.
This unit is of the highest quality
100 units were made between 2005 and 2007. they do not need the x brace because these units have the mountain master chassis.

hope this helps

good luck
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I sold them in 2007. We sold everyone we brought into inventory as well as many orders. We had the first one to come into the country with a grey market smart car in the back. At the time the smart car wasnt even available here in the US. If I remember correctly, TS didnt even charge us for it, some kind of display deal. I drove the crap out of that little thing. The folks that finally bought the coach didnt want the smart car. It fit in the back nicely. The garage is neat, the cap lifts up to expose the garage which is all diamond plate. Once the cap is closed, you cant even tell its a toy hauler. You have access to the garage when you lift the bed. One guy ordered one and put a hot tub down there. He could access it from the back or by lifting the bed. As previously stated, usual TS quality.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmar made several versions using the Spartan chassis. Probably shown in the brochure archive section of the Newmar site.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #9

Thanks for all the good input, I'll let you know what happens.
We are also looking at a 2006 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QDP, not sure what we will end up with.

Thanks again
Willieg14
Old 04-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #10

I want 1 with a hot tub!!!!!
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, travel, travel supreme