Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Does the company have reviews and what experience have other people had in purchasing there?
From what the OP writes, the company is trying to solve the problems to their satisfaction. It may not all be doom and gloom.
If the PDI is not successful, then ask for the deposit back.

LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2016, 10:44 PM   #44

Thank you all so much for your advice. The RV is new and has 1800 miles...the drive from manufacturer to Los Angeles is all its had. I'm going to try my best to get out of the deal as you all have said. Im pretty good at sticking my ground
Honestly...the deal was for 79000 for this brand new Winnebago Vista 31BE. Besides the Thor 30.2 this was the exact layout we needed. Drop down bed, bunk beds, and under 34 feet. We liked the look of the Thors but heard they had not as good of materials and we're put together not so well. We decides to go with the Winnebago. I did negotiations via Internet to a bunch of dealers and this one said they would take it and they were closer to me. They are the biggest sellers of Winnebago in the state of California. I'm not sure I can say their name. Almost every dealer I read reviews on had terrible reviews. I figured they were just all liars and that I just needed to be aware and smart. When we saw the RV...the windshield chip was obviously a rock. No biggie. Then the pocket door was of the track...I thought no biggie. My husband was the one that saw the bumper so I'm having a hard time explaining if it's that bad or not. The bathroom cabinet just looked like the frame needed to be nailed together better. It seems all RV's have problems but from the sound of you all these are not small. I appreciate all the feedback!!! I'm calling the sales person ASAP!

Old 07-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #45

Damon Owners Club
Maybe call your credit card to refuse the charges due to lack of delivery of product..
markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #46

If there is any way, get the deposit back, and the leave the car engine running... that way you can get out fast.

If you're forced to keep it, let the factory do the repairs! They will do it much faster, and it will be done correctly the first. The factory service center doesn't have to wait for parts or authorizations, they just do what needs to be done.
The Logans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:23 PM   #47

It looks like the MSRP for that Vista starts at $93,545. Unless that MH has a lot of options, a sales price of $79,000 (15-16% off MSRP) doesn't look like a particularly good deal.
Actually it looks like a lousy deal.
Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #48

I attached the sticker with MSRP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GG183_WINNEBAGO_VISTA-2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	134048  
Old 07-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #49

113,681 if you can't see it
Old 07-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #50

I'd really question the difference in price from what Winnebago says the base price of that MH is, and what that invoice shows as the price.

Or not

I just looked for that model at a number of dealers around the country. It looks like the base MSRP on the Winnebago site, is way under the actual MSRP. $79,000 would be a good price for that unit. Most of the items you found on your walk thru sound fairly minor. As I posted earlier, I would be concerned with that bumper/wall issue. How bad is it? Which corner is damaged?
Old 07-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
If you have only put down a deposit I would refuse this coach and ask them for an acceptable replacement. Or get your money back.

We found Lichtsinn to be a honorable dealer with fair prices with an excellent repair facility and techs.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
It looks like the MSRP for that Vista starts at $93,545. Unless that MH has a lot of options, a sales price of $79,000 (15-16% off MSRP) doesn't look like a particularly good deal.
Actually it looks like a lousy deal.
As far as sales price versus msrp, i don't see it as a lousy deal. It stands to reason the 20 and 30% that people always talk about are coming off those higher priced rigs. There's just not as much wiggle room in this price range. Depending on circumstances, a better deal could probably be made but for now, $15,000 off doesn't sound too bad.

The initial problems brought up are what scare me though. From what was stated in the original post, i'd be hesitant and would try to get out of the deal. Like others have stated, the big thing is the exterior. Hopefully it gets the proper repair...l
Old 07-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I just looked for that model at a number of dealers around the country. It looks like the base MSRP on the Winnebago site, is way under the actual MSRP.
That's because the base MSRP listed is not for the 31BE its for the 26HE, which is why it says "starting at" for the entire Vista line.

$79,000 is a good deal, better than I was able to negotiate on my 31BE, but I got mine last year in October right when they first hit the lot. The 2017's are out now and the 2016's have been sitting on the lot potentially for months now.

Some of the issues I would be concerned with, they could be serious but also just cosmetic. Mine had a leak in the windshield fixed at the dealer before we took home and some other minor stuff I have dealt with myself, otherwise it has been a great unit that we have put 12,000 miles on so far.

We also liked it because it had the Thor ACE 30.2 floorplan but was a Winnebago and had much more basement storage.

I would take a look at the 2017's they have a few changes and features that I wish I had, such as front motorized windshield shade and side roller sun shades.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #54

Good news...I think. I emailed the sales manager and sales man and informed them that the RV was not what we were told since the repairs are extensive not that they have done the PDI. I got a phone call from salesmen. He had a 3 way call with his manager and they want to do whatever makes us happy. He asked if we still want to buy an RV. I said yes. He said for 2000 more we can have the 2017. I told him they did not have the same RV in a 2017 since all their 2017 units don't have the entertainment package. He said he will call Winnebago and get one on Monday. So for a 2017 Winnebago Vista 31BE is 81000 good? MSRP is 114xxx
Old 07-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just another opinion....from what you have said, it sounds like the dealer is trying to correct things. I think the bottom line is you don't have to accept the motorhome if it does not pass muster since is it is new.

Unless you no longer trust the dealer, I would try for a replacement coach from the same dealer if this one can't be fixed (don't accept a cheap fix). Can he get another one of the same floorplan?

But you must be comfortable......AND there are so many things that can be wrong with a coach, it is impossible to see all of them before delivery.
So be sure you trust this dealer for warranty repairs.

Regards,

Dan
Old 07-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdpm View Post
Good news...I think. I emailed the sales manager and sales man and informed them that the RV was not what we were told since the repairs are extensive not that they have done the PDI. I got a phone call from salesmen. He had a 3 way call with his manager and they want to do whatever makes us happy. He asked if we still want to buy an RV. I said yes. He said for 2000 more we can have the 2017. I told him they did not have the same RV in a 2017 since all their 2017 units don't have the entertainment package. He said he will call Winnebago and get one on Monday. So for a 2017 Winnebago Vista 31BE is 81000 good? MSRP is 114xxx
That sounds like a very good deal to me. Hopefully if the next one has issues, they will be minor.