Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 06:35 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes its normal to find things wrong with a new MH, however maybe not a broken windshield. Most dealers don't fix the stuff until it brought to their attention after the sale because they don't make any money on the repair. They actually loose money because the MFG only gives them a set amount to fixe it. Now if you want something added or upgraded then they charge you by the hour and make good money.
What ever you do, don't accept the MH until everything is repaired that you already found and or it is in writing to get it repaired. Then make yourself a good list of things you find when using it, and make sure you test every aspect of it so that they can get it fixed. Then make an appointment to drop it off with the list of things you found and ensure it is all on the Service Order and be prepared to leave it for a few weeks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdpm View Post
Good news...I think. I emailed the sales manager and sales man and informed them that the RV was not what we were told since the repairs are extensive not that they have done the PDI. I got a phone call from salesmen. He had a 3 way call with his manager and they want to do whatever makes us happy. He asked if we still want to buy an RV. I said yes. He said for 2000 more we can have the 2017. I told him they did not have the same RV in a 2017 since all their 2017 units don't have the entertainment package. He said he will call Winnebago and get one on Monday. So for a 2017 Winnebago Vista 31BE is 81000 good? MSRP is 114xxx
Y yes it is. Not bad at all. 25-30% below MSRP is always a good price

Old 07-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
I just have to say kudos to the dealer for not forcing your hand and leaving you with the choice.
$2000 more for a 2017? Sounds good.
Trust there will be some items that will need addressing on the 17 also.
That's the way they come, unfortunately.

If we only accepted coaches that had no issues we would all be driving used coaches.
Ok, except for a few Newmars.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdpm View Post
So for a 2017 Winnebago Vista 31BE is 81000 good? MSRP is 114xxx
It's a very good deal. I have been very happy with mine and the 2017 has a few changes that make it even better.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
It's a very good deal. I have been very happy with mine and the 2017 has a few changes that make it even better.
Do you mind me asking what changes? I've only been looking at 2016 and can't really find out the differences in the 2017. Thank you so much
Old 07-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #62

I mentioned in my previous post, the biggest change is they went to a motorized windshield shade. Mine just has curtains and sun visors. I don't mind the curtains for privacy but when driving into the sun the sun visors don't work that great whereas the motorized shade can be lowered while driving, much better. Also sun coming in the side windows can be problematic while driving, the 2017 has manual roller side window sun shades and then shorter curtains for privacy to go over those.

This is related to something the Winnebago had that other in the same price point didn't, they use MCD roller shades for all the windows. Much nicer than the cheap accordion stuff I saw on the ACE. Now they just added some more up front which is smart.

Other changes I noticed where a soft vinyl ceiling instead of the fuzzy carpet like stuff and a extra cabinet over the door where as the 2016 just had a set of key hooks.

Also noticed they changed the leveler control, might have been downgraded. Mine has a lcd screen that tells me what its doing and any issue, the 2017 doesn't have the screen. I think the leveling jacks are now spring return as well, mine don't have springs they are hydraulic retract.