Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp45 View Post
Thanks for the help, I have put a deposit on it. I don't know the stock number but you can't miss it. It is a 2000 Winnebago Journey, It has a very nice old style Fire Engine on the rear. My sales person is Andrea. She has been very nice and helpful. Scott
they are all nice. Specially for the $4k or better commission

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Scott, I hope all goes well with your deal. I looked @ the unit on their website, and I was impressed, such a clean and well equipped motorhome. I'm sure you will be pleased with your choice, and you need to let us know how everything works out for you, and good luck.
David G.

justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hello, Tom MItchell had a chance to look at it yesterday. He said all looked good. I was told that the tires were bought new last year. Tom found that the front tires are 2004. He couldn't see the date code on the rears. I am still going to go and be there on the 11th and the 12th. If any one knows about diesel engines brakes and chassis stuff I sure would like it if you could help me check it out when I there. If all goes as planned I will fly back down on the 17th and bring it home about the 21st or the 22nd. Thanks again for all the help. Scott
Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Scott, I was just in the same situation. No matter what happens you will always second guess. Go over everything slowly, operate everything awning windows (everything). If at all possible buy the best maintenance warranty you can afford. I bought the 100 ded that covered the whole coach. This gave me some piece of mind, the coach is 9 years old. But I made the drive from houston to va with no problems. You will love the purchase, and I hope everything goes well. Then you will be spending many hours on this website. LOL
Twinsberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
okay, who can talk to me about maintenance warranties. Where do I go for this and how much are we talking about? Is this different than a extended warranty, or are they the same?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know of any warranty program that covers maintenance. Extended service plans (aka warranties) cover failures of components, not routine maintenance. They are very expensive and diesels cost more than gas rigs. Lazy Days sells an excellent policy but its not the cheapest - you can probably get a better price online.

Cost will vary a lot with the term of years and mileage, amount of deductible and coverages (chassis only, house parts, electronics or no, etc.). On average you will do better to self-insure rather than buy a policy, but complex diesel motorhomes can get scary size repair bills if you have something serious go wrong. Many thousands of dollars for some things. LLike all kinds of insurance, it's an individual choice of how much risk to take yourself vs how much to lay off on an insurer.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Scott,

"I was told that the tires were bought new last year. Tom found that the front tires are 2004".

To me, it would not be the price of the front tires, the fact that it has been misrepresented is enough, what else will follow. Be careful, it's a lot of your $$$$, and like another post said, 4k in commision is awful tempting. Good luck,
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Wow - wish I had seen this post when it started. Scott, assuming you finalized the purchase and I hope you are satisfied.

With that said, RV Training Center, 12851 66th Street Largo, FL, 33773. Ph:727-536-4696. The school has a 10 week course which "certifies" RV tech for the repair of all systems on an RV. Not rebuilding the coach if damaged structural items, but interior systems common to all RV's. Additionally this summer they will also be Aqua-Hydro Hot certified training center, so that will be incorporated into the 10 course. I just graduated back in March 2010. If anyone needs Pre or Post delivery inspections, you call them if in the local area.

You can also call them, to see where the graduated tech is located; they can then direct you to the closest tech in your area. We specifically went over PDI's and have several different forms to work against. Hope this helps, albeit late.