Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #29
Hi I didn't step through mine but the fifth wheel I had I was working on the put my elbow through it. As a temporary repair I used enteribond tape and covered the skylight with it took most of a roll but lasted till I could get one.
If you can get a original one you will be better off, The after market one I got didn't fit very well had to jerry rig it.

kysportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I hope you are fixed...

I don't know if this will help, but 10 yrs ago, I purchased a used Lazy Daz Class C from someone in Denver. All went well on our inspection of the coach. However, after driving for about 6 - 8 hours on an Interstate heading back to Maryland, we heard a "POP" and a big rush of wind... After pulling over and investigating, I realized the shower skylight had become very brittle, because of the Western sunlight...

In any event, I used an industrial strength plastic bag and various combinations of bungee cords and duck tape to cover the large hole in our roof...

I stopped at the first RV dealership I could locate and - NO SURPRISE - the size cover I needed was only available from the Manufacturer...
ODD bal size...

Anyway, to make a long story shorter - the tech mentioned that he would just go to Home Depot and purchase a piece of plexiglass, and some window insulation tape and some aluminum angle iron and cover the hole...

The perfect fix - I wheeled into Home Depot, just down the street, purchased all the needed supplies - including the cheapest corded drill, and proceeded to repair my roof right there in their parking lot.

When I was done, I returned all the things I didn't use/need and went on my merry way... The Depot asked me why I was returning the drill, I just told them I didn't need it, no questions asked...

Worked perfect until I could get a replacement...

P.S. - I forgot to mention - HD will cut the plexiglass to any size you ask them to -made the fix that much easier...

2015 Entegra Anthem 44B
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
I read an article on how this can help in this type of emergency. They are inexpensive and would take up very little room. You would also need scissors and duct take for the install.
Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10)

Oct 10, 2011by Mylar
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #32
Newmar Owners Club
WOW KRAFTY, that's a lot of snow.... I would have to make a call to MH factory to see what the load for the roof is. We aint going up on the roof to clear it. 3 snows ago my son came over with his buddy (while we were at work) and were clearing the snow my roof off till he went thru our skylight. No one hurt, thank GOD but, wrong time of season to be repairing a skylight.

2 of us + 1 rescue, Sadie (not sure who rescued who)
Toad: 11' 2dr Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Fit Sport
11' Bay Star 3302,11' Alpine 3555RL 40' 5er
T Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote

monaco, shower