Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
Thought I would give all of you who have been so kind to offer your thoughts & suggestions an update. We detoured to Anchorage & ordered the circuit breaker for the inverter ( & an extra). Got the batteries tested, they're fine, they are 4 yrs old, not 7. The part was $20, the shipping $72. It arrived & a really great guy in our campground told my husband how to replace it himself. So he did. Replacing it was easy, getting the cover open enough to do it was the hard part. The back screws are impossible to reach. Turned everything back on & still the remote panel wasn't reading correctly. Also discovered, we still didn't have power to the outlets if we didn't have shore power or generator. After many discussions with Magnum & trying to reset the remote, the best we could come up with was there is a bad circuit board on the inverter. at this point, we've decided we'll stay on shore power or, if we have to boondock, plug an extension cord into the outlet by the engine or run the generator. We'll wait til we get back in the lower 48 where we can stay put long enough if a part has to be ordered. We'll just "rough it" for the next few months. It has been an aggravating problem, but the people at Magnum Energy were really nice & very helpful, and we've really appreciated all the suggestions from all of you. My husband & I also got a lesson in how to use a volt meter from the nice gentleman in our campground. So we've learned a few things & this could be a whole lot worse. At least it doesn't stop us from continuing our trip thru Alaska.

I also have a 2006 Diplomat and have been dealing with my Magnum ME 2012 inverter/charger and batteries.

I also had a good experience with the tech support folks at Magnum. Turn out the settings on my RC control panel were incorrect.
He had me go through each of the parameters (based on my battery type and numbers) and we reset the charging voltage, etc.

This took 5 minutes and required no tools.

I looked at my inverter and it looks like a BIG job to get the cover off.
How did you do it and how long did it take?
Any tips here, anyone?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
The "remote" control center is located on the wall by our bathroom. The circuit board is part of the inverter. As to the question about removing the cover on it - the way it is set up in our coach, my husband could not get to the back screws. He was able to get 3 corners off, which allowed him to replace the circuit breaker, but getting to the circuit board will be a chore we will leave to someone else.
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we took our RV in for repair when we returned from Alaska/Canada. They ended up replacing the remote for the inverter in the coach & a circuit board in the Inverter. All is good now, except we need to upgrade a part that makes the generator operate as needed.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we took our RV in for repair when we returned from Alaska/Canada. They ended up replacing the remote for the inverter in the coach & a circuit board in the Inverter. All is good now, except we need to upgrade a part that makes the generator operate as needed.

Could you provide the model number from both the inverter/charger
as well as the remote panel up in your hallway.

Any chance you might post photos of each?

Thx
Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
We just put our rig in storage last week. We're going to the Dominican Republic for 3 months right after Christmas. I know the Inverter is a Magnum Energy ME 2012. We may have the repair records with us, so I will go thru those to see if we have a part # for the remote panel & circuit board.

Tags
alternator, batteries