Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #57

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Motorhome

I am not sure I would buy a MH with the 6v92 engine. Because they are 2 stroke engine, they like to burn oil. The newer Detroit diesels are much better and more fuel efficient. I have come close to buying some conversions that had the 6v92, but have always changed my mind. They are smelly, dirty engines, and leak quite often. But then there predecessor, but still have some of the same traits.
akasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #58

It appears from post 28 and 44, he has moved on to look for a more practical unit. Probably a good move given his financials.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Lisa View Post
I owned an '89 Vogue with the same 6V92 and ZF transmission... That ZF is the same transmission used in the Los Angeles City garbage trucks - it is practically bullet-proof. If you don't feel comfortable with your finances, that is OK, but that grand old lady will keep on running without a lot of costly repairs for a long time...
Everything in LA needs to be bullet proof.
Prevost, MCI, Dina, Eagle, GM, all used the Allison in their Bus building as well as most every large RV chassis builder today. If you want a little information on how the Blue Bird folks feel about the trans feel free to check out their Forums. I understand ZF no longer supports these RV transmissions either.
Looks like a moot point anyway as the posting seems to have been deleted.
Hal  stclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #60

The Crown chassis it is built on, was used on big rural school buses for 20 years. Much like the early Bluebird Wanderlodges, way overbuilt for rv use and probably outlast 10 stick and staples motorhomes.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Talking

Well, what happened? Did you buy it? The Post has been deleted by author....
I looked at others on line (at twice the price) - nice machines and Im fairly certain thats an Allison 4 speed behind the DD - a dependable, time tested combo, and they look like well built coaches - ahead of their time. I didnt get a chance to look at the one in question, but they certainly look like they are worth considering at that price. And you only need about 25 gallons to get it home.....
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
The link is no longer available. Let us know what you decide!! All the best.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #63

wad up, Wad up, Wad Up????
Old 05-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #64

Th OP is on to another thread started today at noon time, saying he's on a budget of $15k for a F-250 or 350 with a fifth wheel now....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/highe...ml#post4775458

Seems like he doesn't know what he wants, and now has moved on to a new idea to throw out and see what kind of reactions he's going to get..... He did get upset when someone told him $15k isn't a lot of money to buy a truck and a 5th wheel.

Click above and read for yourself...
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Well he did say he wanted to be talked out of it, so I guess this thread worked...
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:38 PM   #66

That Vogue is a really nice looking one. A few years back I purchased a 1987 Vogue III with Detroit 8V97 and it is 8 cylinders V type motor I took it on a 2500 mile trip and no issues. I did replace the tires as the rear were original and 3 new battery's and a few other general maintenance items. I did get 8 to 9 mile per gallon. The quality is so good that repairs are few. I found that the local parts house carried a lot of the every day parts including wiper blades. It is so stable on the road it drives wonderful. Fully loaded your weight is 30K +- You will be hard pressed to find that quality in that price range.
4463Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
Th OP is on to another thread started today at noon time, saying he's on a budget of $15k for a F-250 or 350 with a fifth wheel now....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/highe...ml#post4775458

Seems like he doesn't know what he wants, and now has moved on to a new idea to throw out and see what kind of reactions he's going to get..... He did get upset when someone told him $15k isn't a lot of money to buy a truck and a 5th wheel.

Click above and read for yourself...
It appears that he has his own opinions and gets defensive when challenged or doesn't agree with the advice offered. I agree he doesn't have much money to work with considering what he wants to get.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #68

Over any time period, one would lose more money buying a new Thor coach than buying that used coach...
Old 05-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #69

Smile

This is sdrawkcab:

"If you can't be a good example, you can at least be a bad influence".

It should be:

"If you can't be a good influence, you can at least be a bad example".
Old 05-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #70

What are your qualifications to tell me what I should have posted?

Tags
motorhome