Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #1

I was at the RV show in Tacoma, WA today and saw a lot of new Class A coaches and one really caught my eye. Now, 6 hours later, I don't recall who makes it. I thought I could pick your brains and see if the collective knowledge here could figure it out with these limited clues.

Diesel pusher, 40' range, Freightliner chassis (?)...the distinctive feature was a walk through full bathroom on the passenger side, center of the coach, with an additional bath in the back with no stool. It was 2 steps up from the main stateroom to a separate room with a lav and shower on the passenger side, hookups for W/D and closet toward the driver's side.

I've been through dozens of floorplans since I got home and can't seem to pinpoint it. The kicker seems to be the rear bathroom shared with the W/D in a closet type room as well as the step up into the space. Of all the coaches I've seen, I hadn't seen stairs inside of one until today.

Sound familiar to anyone? This is starting to bug me. I was really impressed with the innovative things I saw yesterday but after a while it's sensory overload and some details, like manufacturer, disappeared on me.

I've sketched a rough representation of the rear end layout.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #2

I was at the RV show in Tacoma, WA today and saw a lot of new Class A coaches and one really caught my eye. Now, 6 hours later, I don't recall who makes it. I thought I could pick your brains and see if the collective knowledge here could figure it out with these limited clues.

Diesel pusher, 40' range, Freightliner chassis (?)...the distinctive feature was a walk through full bathroom on the passenger side, center of the coach, with an additional bath in the back with no stool. It was 2 steps up from the main stateroom to a separate room with a lav and shower on the passenger side, hookups for W/D and closet toward the driver's side.

I've been through dozens of floorplans since I got home and can't seem to pinpoint it. The kicker seems to be the rear bathroom shared with the W/D in a closet type room as well as the step up into the space. Of all the coaches I've seen, I hadn't seen stairs inside of one until today.

Sound familiar to anyone? This is starting to bug me. I was really impressed with the innovative things I saw yesterday but after a while it's sensory overload and some details, like manufacturer, disappeared on me.

I've sketched a rough representation of the rear end layout.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Looks like you were in a Alfa Founder.

Poulsbo RV has one in stock and they were at that show.

http://www.poulsborv.com/new_v...veh=65040&pov=877627

Just a guess.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #4

I think you got it!

Were you there? Was it back in the corner with the Tiffin products?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I am about 3000 miles away from you but looked at an Alfa afew years ago and stayed with the Bounder after alot of shopping. There should be some great deals out there if someone has the credit or cash. We are in a buyers market right now.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #6

Ahh...got it. Seemed like a long ways for you to travel for an RV show.

I bought our current rig in June and I'm very happy. It was priced at 50 cents on the dollar when gas was at $4.50 a gallon. When opportunity knocks...

But I'm still tempted to trade for newer and buy one of these that are 40-45% off retail. If and when the market comes back I would feel pretty good about the purchase. However convincing the wife to do it is not going as well.

Thanks for your help in finding this.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
The 35w is a very functional floorplan and I am sure you will enjoy her as long as she is around.

We acquired ours in early 2007 just before the economic downturn but still did OK. We did a private sale of our toyhauler and negotiating straight up on the Bounder. Betty never appreciated the 12' garage, so the decision to transition to a class A was easy. After walking through hundreds of motorhomes, she let me choose the chassis and agree with her on the floorplan before she began the process of determining the fit and finish.

We love our Bounder and have no plans to sell or trade but I would enjoy the chance to negotiate in this market.

Some of my fondest memories of my father was when we would go to the car dealership for a day of haggling on a new car or truck with no intent to purchase. Betty can't stand to watch the negotiations but enjoys the results.

Good luck in your search even if you just "look and touch" for a little longer.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #8

Thanks. The Pace is our first and I need to enjoy it before I buy again but it is altogether very tempting. I got lucky in that she let me pretty much choose what I wanted. I'm not certain it will be this easy next time.