Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #1

Help need to replace slide seal

I have a 99 holiday rambler endeavor. It has one slide on the drivers side and it has a sofa and stove and sink in the slide, I need to reseal the slide and could use any advise I can get on replacing the seal. I don't know were to buy the seal and what all needs to be done to remove the slide. I have a lift truck that I think is big enough to lift out the slide and all the tools needed but since this is my first time doing this any help I can get from someone who has done it before would be a great help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

I have no idea how your slide seals are accessed for replacement. I just had my slide seals replaced and it was done with the slide extended and all work from the outside. If I remember correctly, I think the slide was only partially extended. The job took one worker about 5 hours to complete and that included minor adjustments to the slide hardware.

2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #3

Your question comes at the right time! I just finished replacing the inner slide seal on my 99 Monaco LaPalma which I believe is pretty much identical to your Holiday Rambler. I was lucky enough to find the part number from Monaco and by chance I searched the internet and found the company that made the seal for Monaco. After matching the part number with theirs, I ordered the seal directly from the company (it's sold by the foot) and installed it myself with assistance from my nephew. We did it in about 2 1/2 hours without removing the slide. We used ordinary hand tools (putty knife and screwdriver) and it went in fairly easy. It is a somewhat tedious job which you need to push and tug the new seal with your fingers until it goes in to the right depth. We found that by prying open the metal inside the new seal a little bit; it went in easier. I will try to locate the name of the company and the part number I used and will pm that info to you.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #4

Thanks mister jim that is good news that it can be done without taking out the side. You are correct when you said the monico is the same as mine. I have been inside a Monico about the same year as my Hollidy and it was the same slid I have. Thanksm again for the info and I will start
digging around for a place to buy the seal.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #5

Sent you a PM with info on where to buy the seal. Let me know if I can offer any more info!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #6

Thanks MisterJim for all the great info. I have ordered the seal and it was the same part # that you used. I hope I am not being a pain in the butt.
I would like to ask one more Question. Beside the seal running up and down at each end of the slide there is a white foam or sponge like material that i beleave is also a seal of some sort.Did you replace that seal also? Mine is getting very dry and is starting to break up plus it also leave a stain on the paint below it. Well as I said Thanks for the come back Im glad you did or I would have the slide sitting on the ground for no reason.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #7

We didn't see any white sponge like material on our coach. Just the black rubber seal which was pretty well dried out and in desperate need of replacement. The seals are also available in white rubber as well as black. Maybe your coach had a white seal and you are seeing remnants of that??
Can you post a picture and maybe we can figure it out.

Tags
replace, seal, slide