RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Help Please!!!! 2007 National Pacifica QS40C

Hi All! Greetings from Orlando. I hope all of your weekends will be stellar. We have a cold front coming Brrrr.

I need help!!! Somehow I'm not getting power to my slides. I've checked the fuses and all of the things I can think of to check.

I was able to "jump" the motors directly on the 2 LR slides and the BR slide motor that's under the bed.

So my second problem is I can't find the motor for the 2nd BR slide that's on the curb side.

If you have any ideas on either problem, I'd be eternally grateful. I have to move the Coach!

Thanks Much!

James Hall
Traveling with German Wifey and 10 YO Son
"Gypsies in the Palace"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171206_121439.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	185159  

KimoJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Since no one has answered this I will take a quick stab in the case I might be able to help. I have not owned a Pacifica but did have an 04 National Tropi Cal which was the forerunner to the Pacifica. When I encountered the same problem I finally found there was a cage in one of my storage bays. It was covered by a heavy metal type screen which could be removed with wing nuts. Inside this screen were two DC resettable circuit breakers that look like this https://powerwerx.com/resettable-cir...ooper-bussmann. I suspect you have something similar and one of them is tripped. Good Luck!!

bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:30 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You will get more responses posting in the National RV Owners Forum.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, B&W Custom Truck Bed, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:53 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
thanks!

Thank you much. I found a conversation on Yahoo groups that said almost the same thing. A nice guy with the same rig says there are breakers in the back, curbside compartment where the inverter is. I will report back Monday.

Have a great weekend,

James
Old 12-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi James! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope those suggestions solve your problem! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #6

Had a similar problem on a 95 Pace Arrow and found an inline automotive fuse under the slide somewhere in the wiring harness.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Q
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #7

This is the slide control circuit board in our 08 Dolphin that has only 2 slides. No idea if Pacifica models used the same board though this one has space for 2 more sets of relays for a 3rd and forth slides. In our case, this board is next to the Xantrex 458 inverter/converter unit in a front basement compartment, but it sounds like yours is probably in a rear compartment. This board should have 12 volts going to it. I hope this is some help.

GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:05 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Great Group

Thanks MSHappy Campers, Quincy, and Gregory,

I'm so grateful and relieved to have found a great group of National owners and fans. Your ideas and encouragement are fantastic!

I will go tomorrow for the second attempt at picking up the RV. I think it was Divine intervention the way things went because I was able to bring home all of the manuals and really dig into the Freightliner, Cat, and Allison manuals before picking her up.

Hopefully I'll have a great report tomorrow.

Question: does anyone know where the breaker is on that board or what it should look like. I imagine it will be pretty obvious up close but I don't spot it in the photos. SInce it's all four slides, I think we can rule out a relay unless they all got fried in one event. I see fuses so I doubt that. Do the fuses act as the breaker? I'll take fuses with me just in case.

Thanks again,

James
Old 12-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #9

Our breakers look like what is shown in bdpreece's link, two 150 Amp breakers, one on the coach battery set, one for the chassis battery(s) located very close to the battery area. In the picture this breaker is tripped, to re-set push the yellow arm back into the slot, it should lock in, push the red button will open the breaker connection. With my 2 breakers, the yellow arm is actually black. There is also a large fixed fuse(s) nearby, that if blown would need to be replaced but it would be very unusual for them to blow. If you don't have one, a 12 volt meter (or 12 volt test light) would be very useful to help determine where the 12 volts is missing.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:25 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Breakers

Thanks Gregory and thank you bdpreece! Sorry I missed you earlier. This subject is happening on two different platforms (here and yahoo) I wish it was all in one place. Hopefully I'll be able to find the breakers. I did find the one at the coach battery box and it was fine. Some folds seem to be saying that there is one for each slide located near/at the slide relay board which in my case is evidently in the rear curbside compartment. I'll be going to try again shortly. Thanks again,

James
Old 12-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
All good

Turns out it was a push button breaker labled..........Slide Room control.

Drove her home flawlessly, it was a real joy.

Thanks so much everyone for all of your willingness to assist. Great group. Hope I can help back soon.

James

Tags
national