Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #15

Retired Fire Service RVer's
DO NOT beat yourself up......

Life is a series of choices. My spouse and I bought, last June, a gently used 40 foot Allegro Bus DP for just under 40k ran it for a year and decided a MH was not for us....for too many reasons to list....but we did enjoy the traveling as we are both retired. We may now buy a travel trailer and try that. My point is we did not have a lot invested and when we sold the MH we got out of it what we put in it. But we did find the MH required much maintenance...and I read about this on this forum. You have already made your decision...enjoy your MH. Life is ever changing....use past experiences to forge ahead....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #16

There is a recurring them here. I am sure that you recognize it by now. All of us have been there (not all will admit it).

Here is my two cents: All of us only have so much sand left in our "personal hour glass", and it is painted over, so you can't see inside this hour personal glass to know how much sand remains.

You've done your due diligence. Live, love, and enjoy each day like it could be your last.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Whatever you do, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF

And make a pact with you wife, NO FIGHTING in the small space.

I completely get your nerves... I think a lot of have felt that way when jumping off the ledge - but it passes.
Agree! Agree! Agree! Most salient advice. I find that you both of you are completely ready for your new RV adventure and that can be thrilling. As others have said, once you get your coach, do some short runs, possibly you have some CG's in your area, do a couple of nights there and if need be, pretend THIS IS IT and you would next be off to the next destination. I think you will find yourselves very happy with your decision.
HD Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #18

Why do you want to do anything that is scary?

"Again, it's doable, but scary."

Plenty of banks and other financial institutions loan on motorhomes. What makes you think they don't?

Like the other poster who felt you were going a bit fast from your first RV into full time. That is a bit of a jump.

If possible consider cancelling the deal and look at RVs more until you can find something you want to buy that is not scary expensive. I can tell you that well made RVs last a really long time. Do not worry about getting an older one if it is well taken care of. We have a 14 year old RV that I love. Before this one (7 years ago) I had a 34 year old motorhome that I fixed up and loved to use. We only sold and bought this one because I wanted a DP. You can buy a great older DP for half of what you have spent. Easy.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Help talk this newbie down from their first RV purchase

Ever hear the term....analysis paralysis.... You can spend months or years researching and analyzing your way into doing nothing... Sounds like you've made a decision. There are no wrong decisions. Just get behind your decision and move forward and find all the joy that you can in your exciting days ahead. Nothing is "forever ". I can almost guarantee that this won't be your last coach, unless you find other things that float your boat more.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:13 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp4801 View Post
There are no wrong decisions. Just get behind your decision and move forward and find all the joy that you can in your exciting days ahead. Nothing is "forever ". I can almost guarantee that this won't be your last coach, unless you find other things that float your boat more.
x2

So tell us, how is the coach?
Old 07-15-2016, 05:39 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been there and still have the tee shirt. When you talk about spending thousands of $s and your not nervous, you didn't have to work very hard for you $s. As we were going to make the plunge, DW was more than nervous - she thought I was absolutely nuts! After 2 years and more than 25000 miles, DW loves the freedom of the lifestyle. We are blessed financially and still maintain a beautiful stick/mortar home that we live in about 4 months per year. In the last 8 months, we've had some 3 total knee replacements between us - thus the reason for maintaining the house. For us recuperating in our house has been the option where we can easily live on 1 level without steps. Each time we've been chomping at the bit to get back to our home on wheels. (PS: leaving for 3 months after being house bound for 4 months - TKRs are tough on us old peeps.)

So based on all the above - best advise we can offer is to go live in your new home and enjoy it. You did a sound financial analysis and applied that to your new lifestyle. What you're feeling is exactly what we felt - so you have lots of company.

We've adopted the mantra "the journey is the destination". Travel safe and enjoy.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:03 AM   #22

There are plenty of wrong decisions. Like ones that are beyond your budget amount.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
You researched the daylights out of it so you made the right decision for you. Quit fretting about it and just enjoy.
Many happy travels to you
Old 07-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #24

I think you made a terrible decision.

OK, I just had to say that, but I'm glad to admit that I'm wrong. As several other posters implied, this is a journey, not a destination. You might find this coach isn't right and you can change out for another one sometime in the future. But in the meantime, you've got a great coach to have some fun adventures. Go enjoy them.
We purchased our first coach just last summer so we've been using it a lot, hoping to go full time in a few years. I analyzed the crud out of the decision with comparison spreadsheets and weightings and ratings. The salesmen hated to see me show up on their lots with my laptop. I recall many seasoned RVers telling me that there is no perfect coach, it's a matter of tradeoffs. Money being only one dimension of the tradeoff game. Length is another. So enjoy the one you've got, find out it's strengths and weaknesses and above all, have fun. Congrats!
LittleBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #25

American Coach Owners Club
You aint never gonna buy your last coach first, so get what you want and go enjoy it. If you are afraid you are in too deep, you probably are. These things aint cheap to keep and it s ALOT better and WAY more enjoyable when you have more than a few nickels in your pocket.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Just my opinion here.
You can second guess yourself to death. Don't.
The worst thing you can do is buy a coach and worry so much you don't enjoy it.
Not only are you out the money, your not having fun.
Will there be things you learn you wish were different? You bet there will.
Will you learn those things without having a coach to learn them in? No you won't.
So smile, enjoy, laugh, love and do all the things you hope to.
We only have one shot at life, and there are no do overs.
Well said and thank you for that. All the history of reported coach problems has kept us from taking the plunge. But, the way you look at it teaches us to seize the day because you never know when you are going to run out of days.

Cheers
Old 07-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #27

I guess when someone stops asking how tall you are and instead asks how long you are, then it's too late.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
I guess when someone stops asking how tall you are and instead asks how long you are, then it's too late.

noserider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, purchase