Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #1

Help this new owner, Hydroboost system

I am a first time RV'r and I think I got suckered into a money pit, but thats OK I just need it fixed now to enjoy what everybody is talking about how great Rv'ing is.

I am in desperate need of help as a new guy to camping.

I have a 1994 fleetwood Bounder Chevy P37 chassis.

I had a leak when I first bought it so I called a mobile mechanic and he came out to fix the problem. The area we are talking about is called the Hydrolic Brake booster or Hydro boost system or hydro boost hydrolics or the HR-1 relay valve system..

So the mechanic takes the aluminium line off and discovers the O-ring is bad and replaces it.. He puts it back together not realising that he also did not re-install a spring, a rubber stopper and a metal washer with a few holes in it.. To me it appears to be a one way check-valve. because when we he put it back together, NOW my shifter goes into park and the RV still rolls and when I turn off the engine the back pressure of fluid comes back up the reservoir and overflows like a radiator cap. this also makes a wining sound upon start up like the sound of a bad power steering pump but then the noise goes away...

HERE IS THE PROBLEM-- Apparently Giant RV in Colton is claiming that the hydro boost system is obsolete and they are unable to find it or replace it and only real option is now to find a junkyard for RV's and find that entire system, have it shipped to me and give it to them to replace it..

This is really starting to suck because these simple $2.00 parts are unable to be found and is preventing me from enjoying a RV life.

DOES ANYBODY know where i can find either the parts to replace the little washer/check-valve system to put back inside or can somebody pass on my information so I can find a junkyard to find this and have it shipped to me..

Please help, I am desperate. I read in one form to try and reach out to a man with a user name of oldusedbear. If anybody can find him apparently he is a guru on this forum and a expert on this matter. I sure could use him.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #2

The name use to be mechanic friction but I think it was change they are located on mockingbird in Dallas I think they have a carquest parts store they have rebuilt several for me take your unit they can bench test it. B.J. is the guy I use to deal with. The are one block north of Irving blvd

Old 10-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Where in the hydroboost system does this "check valve" get installed?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
RockAuto Mobile Catalog

Check rock auto, under P30, master cylinder repair kit
Old 10-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
master cylinder repair kit | Partsgeek.com

is this it??
Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #6

https://www.facebook.com/david.pelle...0560136&type=3

This is the parts I need
The location is in front of the steering column. Its a silver square box with about 5-6 aluminum lines coming out of it to go to different locations to engage the parking brake or the braking system, etc.... I'll find a photo for it and post it again in a second. These little parts (along with a lost spring) goes inside one of the flange aluminum lines. It is suppose to stop the back flow of the pressure when i turn off the engine to prevent it from back flowing back into the resivior and then all over the floor. It is also the line that engages the parking mechanism so when I put it in Park it doesnt keep rolling down the street
Old 10-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #7

No sorry thats not the part or the Hydroboost or the HR-1 relay

This is a blue print of it

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...hspart=mozilla
Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #8

LOL.. sorry man,, Appriciate the advice, but i am not driving from California to Texas.... To fix a $3 part
Old 10-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Where in the hydroboost system does this "check valve" get installed?
It is installed in front of the steering column. It has about 4-5 aluminum lines coming out of it. On the blue print it is called a HR-1 relay valve. It helps a few thing on the RV. One line goes to the steering gear, another goes return pressure line on the master cylinder, another line activates the brake actuator to engage the parking brake (which is the line that is currently needing the parts) and another line goes to the shift actuated control valve.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #10

Autopark, one of the stupidest idea's ever! Gm should be ashamed for ever having used it...
Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #11

If the paid service provider failed to assemble it properly thus causing said damage then contact them and request that they get it fixed on their dime...period!

They should have insurance for this exact reason and if no insurance should be out of business as this type of error could cause serious harm.

Imagine if you were not aware then parked on a slight hill and left only to return later to have the rig roll uncontrolled down the hill and run over a person walking.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:44 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You need to post in the Workhorse Chevrolet chassis owners forum.
Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum - iRV2 Forums

And the P-30GM Chassis forum on Yahoo Groups. You have to join to post.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...mesP-30GM/info
With any luck oldusedbear will jump in and help you.

Seems I remember a member posted the same exact thing you posted sometime back, don't remember in which forum.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:58 AM   #13

Try calling Jon at Brazel's RV service in Centralia, WA. They are big supporters here and are Workhorse gurus. They should be able to help you.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
RockAuto Mobile Catalog

Check rock auto, under P30, master cylinder repair kit

Sorry friend. I am looking for the hydroboost system not a master brake booster