Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
Isn't the "Notice I didn't say anything about what fuel you put in it" comment a little disingenuous? I've been following the market for the past 15 years dreaming about the day I'd finally purchase. While I may have missed a few ... I can't think of a single coach that had your "big three" that wasn't a diesel pusher. Can you point to a recent production (say anything that was build in the last 15-20 years) that had a tag axle, air leveling and hydronic heating that was power by a gasoline engine?
Hehe, well the fuel is not the point.

The point is about what's inside, not what fuel goes in it. Some have a hang up about diesels, but in reality unless Diesel engines are on your list it's the amenities that are what folk want. In addition many, in a post like this, are looking at some way to get to what's meaningful to them. You could also say, mid door, tows 5k and has a pull out work bar in the kitchen. Three is what sifts the wheat from the chaff for us, it may take five for someone else. However, I feel if you put too many must have then it leaves out other good choices. Half the problem for new buyers is they don't know what the choice are. For example, I had no idea how important Aqua-Hot and air leveling were to our lifestyle. Of course, many of the folks on this site are much more informed than I.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52Guy View Post
I think Jewels, the original poster must have gone to purchase something. We have been here pontificating for quite a while, and nothing heard from them...oh well, they are missing out on a lot of good blather!
Ha, ha, ha! I am here- getting REAL close to buying something!! Worked deals with two dealers on two different coaches: The Thor Miramar 33.5 and the Newmar Bay Star 3518. In fact, they are expecting to hear from us 2 days ago, lol! The Miramar offers some fun amenities: outside kitchen and entertainment, lots of kitchen counter space, overhead bunk, residential fridge, larger inverter, led headlight and awning accents- not to mention an 8" longer wheelbase on a shorter coach!

Both have the 22lb chassis and 22.5 inch wheels. Both are great deals (almost 31% of MSRP of the Newmar and 40% off the Miramar)- which amount to a nominal 7K difference with the Bay Star being the more pricey.

The other choice is a Newmar. (<---- period) We know a decent amount through research but we know nothing in real life about what a quality coach really means. The Miramar is pretty too afterall... However-when quality Class A's come up 9 time out of 10 Newmar is on that short list! I absolutely love the fit/ finish of the Newmar- I would choose those fabrics/ colors. I love the opposing slides with two couches. I like that the appliances are name brand. I just have more confidence in Newmar...is that enough of a reason to buy one over the other?!! Ugh the indecision is killing us slowly!!
Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:04 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
Ha, ha, ha! I am here- getting REAL close to buying something!! Worked deals with two dealers on two different coaches: The Thor Miramar 33.5 and the Newmar Bay Star 3518. In fact, they are expecting to hear from us 2 days ago, lol! The Miramar offers some fun amenities: outside kitchen and entertainment, lots of kitchen counter space, overhead bunk, residential fridge, larger inverter, led headlight and awning accents- not to mention an 8" longer wheelbase on a shorter coach!

Both have the 22lb chassis and 22.5 inch wheels. Both are great deals (almost 31% of MSRP of the Newmar and 40% off the Miramar)- which amount to a nominal 7K difference with the Bay Star being the more pricey.

The other choice is a Newmar. (<---- period) We know a decent amount through research but we know nothing in real life about what a quality coach really means. The Miramar is pretty too afterall... However-when quality Class A's come up 9 time out of 10 Newmar is on that short list! I absolutely love the fit/ finish of the Newmar- I would choose those fabrics/ colors. I love the opposing slides with two couches. I like that the appliances are name brand. I just have more confidence in Newmar...is that enough of a reason to buy one over the other?!! Ugh the indecision is killing us slowly!!
Build wise it'd be Newmar all the way for me. Have you had a chance to drive both of them?
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
My question is how much time are you going to be driving the coach and how far? Once you get a coach to the destination they become living areas. Which do you prefer?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #47

If you had both the coaches sitting in your driveway in 2 months for sale - (say at the same price)

Which one would sell first?

That's the answer to your purchase question.

No offence to the other brand but if you love it like I suspect you will, there will come a day when you go shopping again......
Old 08-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #48

i was kind of in same place as you...we started with a class a swinger 32 foot and doge 440. then a new sportsman 5th wheel. as i always had a good 3/4 ton crew cab for my construction business. then two years we traded for bigger larado with a great floor plan. ok then kids moved out and we didnt use much for few yrs..then were prepared to spend 100-120 on new or used...but we ended up spending $30 grand for 1997 newmar london air..everything worked fine except the security system had problem.. we mostly go 100 miles out but every year go south for two weeks. and i tell ya if i had a gasser like my old one we would not do that..after a 4 or 6 thousand mile trip i am very happy to have the 375 horse 8.3..in the mountains and on the very windy days i can still drive...now i dont work anymore and again can go further and longer.. we paid less for this DP than the two 5th wheel campers..and we have the money to go....now it does have some spider craking on fiberglass but i like the mid side door and slanted front..inside you would never know is older..and one super slide is all we need..we still dont have bays full or inside cabinets.. to musch space unless you full time.. have never benn to campsite that 40 ft would not fit..jeff

Tags
chassis, purchase