Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Mike, That's 2 for checking the inverter. I will check it out and let you know if that did it. Thanks for the info.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Mike, rjdelapp, wa8yxm and all who came to the rescue today
The inverter did have a breaker tripped. Water is running again have power to all outlets and life is good. Karen says THANKS TO ALL her electric blanket will keep her feet warm tonight! this website is a Godsend to newbes like us and anyone who needs help or just someone to chat with. Hope to see you all on the road one day.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Great Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometwn2 View Post
The inverter did have a breaker tripped. Water is running again have power to all outlets and life is good. Karen says THANKS TO ALL her electric blanket will keep her feet warm tonight! this website is a Godsend to newbes like us and anyone who needs help or just someone to chat with. Hope to see you all on the road one day.
I was out working on my rig all day, came in to enjoy these postings. DW and I had a similar situation almost exactly a year ago, on our first long trip.

If your rig is like mine, let the propane heat do all the work tonight, eg don't turn on a space heater. That way, the basement heat will function at its potential.

'Sounds like you're over the hump! Enjoy, snuggle.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Larry, my inverter has a cable hanging down that sort of hides the breakers. Made them a real pain to find. Plus, all my 120 outlets are on one circuit. The MW is on the other. Glad everything worked out OK.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Could you buy a piece of heat tape and wrap the piece of pipe that froze and plug it in when it is going to get cold? A better choice would be to point your motorhome south and stop when it is warmer.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
OK Jim we have running water. Problem area was water lines that run behind frig and oven close to outside wall of RV. found an access panel at side of frig and used blow dryer. In the future I will let water trickel in kitchen. Should I let hot, cold or a mix trickel? Thanks for your help.
Now for the gfi.
If you let your water drip in the kitchen you had better have your grey tank drain open. If you don't you may find your coach full of grey water in the morning.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Hooray! Glad things worked out for you.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm curious as to how the incoming water hose hasen't froze, do you have a heated hose or something?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi cj5 jeeper
problem piping runs behind oven and frig. can't get back there to wrap pipe. Made it thru the night by leaving water drip and opening cabinet doors. Only got down to19 last night but everything is good. Like your better choice but wife has one more year to retire so we are kinda stuck here for now. My father in law always said they were going to buy a motorhome and strap a snow shovel on the front and drive south until someone ask what the heck is that? They never made it but good Lord willing we are going to live his dream.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the openings the pipes go through are large enough you might be able to wrap the heat tape and push it through into the area that froze. I had a poor plumbing problem with our new motorhome, and when I was working on it I wraped all the pipes with insulation. Several areas I taped the insulation on and pushed it through and got all the pipes covered. We are leaving next week for a month and it will be interesting to see how much diffrence the insulation makes.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi John and Vicki,
To make it Thur the cold winter here are some of the things we have done. Kept the water supply hose as short as possible, 10' in our case. wrapped hose in heat tape and insulation. Most people stop there but I also boxed the hose in 2" rigid foam insulation leaving an access cover to get to the shutoff if needed. we put a heat lamp in the wet bay. skirted the motor home with 2" rigid foam. and ran the stinky slinky in a 4" pvc pipe to keep it strait, slopped and protected from direct contact with the cold wind. It also prevents low spots that could collect water and freeze. We found that indoors moisture and condensation were a problem. Solved that by running a dehumidifier. Unreal how much water is collected. I'm sure we have much more to learn but so far so good. This is a great site to learn from and the people are wonderful and always ready to share there knowledge.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for your replies cj5 jeeper I will be looking into ways to improve my piping and will keep your suggestions in mind. Would be interested in how your trip goes. Will you be in a cold area? Hope all goes well for you and you have a wonderful trip.

Tags
water