Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #1

HELP- we have a *major problem* with Elec. 1999 Pacearrow

was connected to shore power and started the generator, then shut the generator off, added a little oil, restarted and ran for 2 min, shut it off, 10 min later (the NEW a/cs were running) then the system shut down, the ECC said Load Shed, now nothing works on 110- i tested each plug with a circuit tester, every socket says Hot and Ground reversed.. No neutral thru out the MH

Found ONE GFI in the bathroom, cant find another - did voltage test at the main breaker above the ref... 120 V AC between the ground and the hot.

ZERO voltage between neutral and hot on all circuits

no 110-120v because of no neutral, but where or why?? Can anyone help ?

we can not find the converter / inverters... have no clue where to look.

This is a used MH and we have not even taken it on the road... bought from estate... no knowledge...
c21cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Always start with the easy stuff.
Disconnect the coach from power then open up the transfer switch box. Inspect each wire in the box for burn marks. Tighten each connection in the box. Plug back in and test.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:28 PM   #3

there is no nutural. the hot / ground reverse test with receptical tester. nothing works on any of the 120VAC cercuits, all 12VDC test good. I get 120 volt with leads to hot at breaker terminal and to ground bus bar, get zero volts at nutural to hot. replaced the GFI in bathroom, pulled shore receptacle on the RV and it's good. shore cord is new, have a surge protector with indecator lamps with tell if shore power is correct or not, and it is.
found a knife style J-box behind the microwave (was not any of the problem) but cut it out and rewired (safety issue).
wondering "if" the auto transfer unit could be the problem
and if so how would I test it ? all the fuses in it test good, but there is a soleniod looking device and a couple of relays.
when I started my generator I forgot there was one roof A-C unit running, forward unit.
no breakers were tripped, no fuses blown. the unit under the refrig is TCMS interface unit. I pulled the two fuses and they are good.
so where should I good next???
Thanks for any help.
Mike
Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 PM   #4

will check it next. Have the cover off, tested all the fuses (ok)
how to test ??
Old 07-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Main thing is to make note of any burnt wiring. Next is to make sure each wire connection is tight. Tightening these connections should be a yearly maintenance issue.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know which transfer switch you have but check this video out. I would start by check that switch.

windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
The transfer switch is designed to switch to the generator whenever it is running. Each time you started the genny the TS switched over to it to power the RV. It also switched under the load of that AC that was running. Transfer switch is supposed to be able to do that but as a practice I always turn everything (110 volt) off before starting genny or connecting shore tie. You may have a burned or fused (welded) contact.
Here is a manual on an ATS, it may help to troubleshoot. http://www.progressivedyn.com/pdfs/110538A-English.pdf

If you are comfortable checking voltage, start at the pedestal and work your way in until you lose the neutral. Include your main circuit breaker panel connections.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #8

1999 pacearrow delayrelay etc

FINALLY found the switch box.. this link was so very helpful-

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/tran...nt-118232.html

called Intellitec and they sent a manual. uploaded the service manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5300591.597 ECC troubleshooting.pdf (312.5 KB, 17 views)

Tags
ace