Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #57

We wanted a wild and crazy name for our RV, so we call it "The Motorhome", pretty cool, huh.
But to answer your questions:

1. Why not.
2. Why not.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #58

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist
1. Why would anyone bother to "name" an inanimate object? It's simply an RV...
2. Why do folks refer to their pets as "furbabies" "kids" and other inane terms? They're animals...
And I am guessing from your post you do not have dogs? Coz those of us who do feel quite strongly about them being true members of our families.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGracie View Post
And I am guessing from your post you do not have dogs? Coz those of us who do feel quite strongly about them being true members of our families.
Right on! Although Tasha puppy has been gone for a few years now, she was a part of our family. The house is recently pet empty with my daughter buying her own home and taking Taz with her. ( 20 pound cat the size of a small dog! ) I'm sure some time in the future we will get another dog because we love our animals.
As for the rig... WHY NOT! You paid for it and do whatever you like.
Ours is called TERIS. We are both teachers and have a 32foot front end diesel by Tiffin. If you know the Tiffin slogan then it makes sense.

T wo
E ducators
R oughing
I t
S moothly

Dan
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #60

We've got two really great dogs, plus two bunnies & 8 chickens. Love the dogs, but they are only animals, not as valuable to us as our family.

We did name our three awesome kids, and every boat we've owned... But the motorhome, cars, motorcycles, race cars? Naah, they're all just things.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
We've got two really great dogs, plus two bunnies & 8 chickens. Love the dogs, but they are only animals, not as valuable to us as our family.

We did name our three awesome kids, and every boat we've owned... But the motorhome, cars, motorcycles, race cars? Naah, they're all just things.
Didn't name the dogs? but named your boat, why would you name a boat- oh yeah its the thing to do Everybody names their boat.Gotta be like everybody else. As for the race cars every racer I have come across (the succesful ones anyway) always had a name for his car!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #62

Of course we name the dogs, we're just not naming them in the will... For boats, you need to name them for at sea ID purposes, besides yachting tradition. When you hail someone via radio, you use the vessel name. As in: "Avalon harbor, motor vessel "Dream" approaching. Request mooring assignment." That sort of thing.

As far race cars go, I would think naming is more of an oval track thing. We road racers generally don't name our cars, at least in vintage racing circles.

That said, I still think it's pretty goofy to name a motorhome, but feel free if that's what turns you on.

For the original poster; I submit the name "Throbulator"
Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #63

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf7 View Post
Right on! Although Tasha puppy has been gone for a few years now, she was a part of our family. The house is recently pet empty with my daughter buying her own home and taking Taz with her. ( 20 pound cat the size of a small dog! ) I'm sure some time in the future we will get another dog because we love our animals.
As for the rig... WHY NOT! You paid for it and do whatever you like.
Ours is called TERIS. We are both teachers and have a 32foot front end diesel by Tiffin. If you know the Tiffin slogan then it makes sense.

T wo
E ducators
R oughing
I t
S moothly

Dan
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #64

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffian View Post
We live in a rural area and on our 45th anniversary a couple weeks ago, we decided to drive to a town nearby with a bookstore that sells Motorhome Magazine, and have a nice dinner. On our way home later we drove by an RV lot. Had to stop. Bought a 2002 Monaco 38 DP. 45 grand.

Obviously the coach has been named 45/45.

Wife says "BETTER THAN DIAMONDS'

Keith
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #65

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobilist View Post
1. Why would anyone bother to "name" an inanimate object? It's simply an RV...
2. Why do folks refer to their pets as "furbabies" "kids" and other inane terms? They're animals...
Hmmmm......

Main Entry: inane  [ih-neyn]
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: stupid
Synonyms: absurd, asinine, daft, empty, fatuous, flat, foolish, frivolous, futile, harebrained, idiotic, illogical, imbecilic, innocuous, insipid, jejune, laughable, meaningless, mindless, pointless, puerile, ridiculous, sappy*, senseless, silly, trifling, unintelligent, vacant, vacuous, vain, vapid, weak, wishy-washy, worthless

It's clear to me we don't share opinions in this matter.

We are all individuals with the ability to maintain our own opinions free of the overbearing, pernicious attitudes of others.

Have a great day!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #66

[QUOTE=Lincolnboy2;1118442]

We are all individuals with the ability to maintain our own opinions free of the overbearing, pernicious attitudes of others.

/QUOTE]

Exactly!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #67

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=Automobilist;1119260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post

/QUOTE]

Exactly!
I know, right? I just realized that works both ways! Good One!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
On any given day our coach is referred to as "The Hulk", "The Big Green Machine" or "The Hotel Monterey". The first two because it's three different shades of green. It depends on how we're feeling toward it at the time. Sometimes it's just the Coach.

People have been naming inanimate objects for years. I remember my dad driving a truck that he lovingly called "The Red Ball of Fire". The name was kind of an oxymoron. It was bright red and it was pretty, but it couldn't get out of it's own way. If you go to the beach, especially in New England, one of the first things you will notice is that all of the beach cottages have names.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #69

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
On any given day our coach is referred to as "The Hulk", "The Big Green Machine" or "The Hotel Monterey". The first two because it's three different shades of green. It depends on how we're feeling toward it at the time. Sometimes it's just the Coach.

People have been naming inanimate objects for years. I remember my dad driving a truck that he lovingly called "The Red Ball of Fire". The name was kind of an oxymoron. It was bright red and it was pretty, but it couldn't get out of it's own way. If you go to the beach, especially in New England, one of the first things you will notice is that all of the beach cottages have names.