Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #1

Unhappy Help with Air Bags

I have a '98 Fleetwood Discovery, 36T. Yesterday while on a trip to the Texas Hill Country I noticed one of my air gauge needles was flucuating. The green needle was holding steady at 125 but the red one was falling to 75 then back to 125 and back again to 75. The coach handled the same as always and there was no problem with the air brakes. When I got to the park I shut the coach down while the wife & I unhooked the car and signed in. When I started to get back in the coach the front end had lowered itself. The rear was normal. It took awhile but I finally got enough air built up to limp to our site.

I called Freightliner and they e-mailed a scamatic (sp) of all my air lines. The Tech I talked to said I should be able to hear the leak if it lost air that quick. I called a repairman and I'm waiting for him to get here. In case you are wondering why I have not checked it out myself--I don't do too well crawling around under the coach anymore and more especially getting back up :-)

Have any of you guys had this problem ???

Chuck

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #2

When we had our 97 Discovery I had a problem like that. On my unit one of the bags wasn't sealing properly. When I would get ready to leave in the morning, it just would not inflate all the way. The rubber bag sits over a large cylinder, and slides up and down this cylinder. The seal had broken between this rubber bag and cylinder. I sprayed my cylinder with a rubber lubricant and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Good Luck, Be Safe and Have Fun

Old 07-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
When we had our 97 Discovery I had a problem like that. On my unit one of the bags wasn't sealing properly. When I would get ready to leave in the morning, it just would not inflate all the way. The rubber bag sits over a large cylinder, and slides up and down this cylinder. The seal had broken between this rubber bag and cylinder. I sprayed my cylinder with a rubber lubricant and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Good Luck, Be Safe and Have Fun
It was a bad check valve !! Got a new one ordered.. Many thanks and have a great day..

Chuck
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #4

Thanks for responding with the solution to your problem. I'll store this tidbit into my memory, never know when I will find your solution useful.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote