RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Help with buying '04 Winnebago Sightseer 35N

Hi everyone,
Today I saw a used class A I really like, and wanted to get input on anything positive or negative you may know about it.

A 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, with 86,500 miles, Chevy v-8 engine and workhorse chassis. The inside is in great condition. Didn't look at the engine yet. The dealer will put on new tires. I actually test drove it! My first time driving a class A, my previous rv was a 29-foot class c (20 years ago). It was great!

I understand the workhorse chassis isn't made anymore so parts may be hard to get? But more than that, is it prone to needing parts.....

Also a chevy engine, I assume that's the 8100? How long do they last? Although I realize that may be a silly question....

Thanks for all your input!

Had 29-foot Tioga Class C 20 years ago, full-time for 1 year. Ready to go full-time again, looking for MH. When you really want something, and follow your heart, the whole universe conspires to help you.
motorhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 05:03 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think in a workhorse ad from years ago it said it was designed for 200000 miles? So I think it would last quite a few years with good maintance

genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #3

okay thanks. Btw, how do you like your bounder? (with workhorse). I was looking at a 2006 Bounder at the same place.
Had 29-foot Tioga Class C 20 years ago, full-time for 1 year. Ready to go full-time again, looking for MH. When you really want something, and follow your heart, the whole universe conspires to help you.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I dont know about your MH specifically, but if you have a Workhorse specific related questions there is a forum for that, with alot of knowledagble people.
Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum - iRV2 Forums

Depending on what chassis you have, there maybe some recalls that should of been done.

Ed Gray or Driver on the WH forum can run your vin for you

Workhorse brake recall status
Old 07-23-2018, 01:31 AM   #5

My 8.1 in my 3500 GMC has 221K miles.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:44 AM   #6

Suggest getting input on the chassis in the Workhorse forum and the MH in the Winnebago forum. Parts you may need in the future, brakes, shocks, etc. are all readily available. Anything else can be gotten through a good truck center.

We have an 03 Adventurer 35U. The GM 8.1L and Allison trans is a great combo. As far as the coach itself, it's pretty well made, we're happy with ours.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #7

Okay thanks everyone!
Old 07-26-2018, 02:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
My 8.1 in my 3500 GMC has 221K miles.
Correction, I went back to the ODO. Now 129K miles.

Tags
buying, sightseer, winnebago