Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
Damon Owners Club
Help With Buying Tires 8R19.5 and a few other ?

In my introduction post I mentioned that we had the 2 blowouts one right after taking care of another, realizing that our tire size is in fact rare! Or hard to find at least around here. 8 R 19.5 and due to the clearance in the back dual tires we can not convert to the 225/70 19.5 ...

So I am curious where you would recommend getting new tires. I have seen that some can be mailed which we could then have Walmart put on the rims and take the Rv to this local shop later to have them do the front end alignment.

I also noticed that there is some sort of RV club that I could join and get a discount on tires from somewhere.

I want NEW and not retreads. Anyone with the same size that can point us toward the best ideas on where to get GOOD tires is appreciated. I have seen some terrible accidents due to blow outs so we want to get our tire problems under control. Would also love to get the Pressure monitor that was mentioned to us on here also so any ideas on a good one of those. Links Websites etc. Our camping Trips are supposed to start in May or June depending so I am working on this now.

Also we have now had our first leak around the antenna crank so its patched for now last Saturday and we may have to redo all the seams before the season as well as fix the window seal that is not leaking but pealing off.

Mr.Rogers- United States Veteran + Mrs. Rogers Children, Pets and Grandparents Depending on whose ready when we head out.
Living while we are young... Looking for our next adventure in a 35 ft Damon rv
MrsRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
If you want Michelin's and are a member of the FMCA, tell the dealer that when you get a price. Any Michelin dealer will walk you through the procedure. Takes about 10 minutes on the phone and your FMCA number. The savings is in the neighborhood of 20% or more.

2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
If you want Michelin's and are a member of the FMCA, tell the dealer that when you get a price. Any Michelin dealer will walk you through the procedure. Takes about 10 minutes on the phone and your FMCA number. The savings is in the neighborhood of 20% or more.
OP needs to find a Michelin dealer that is in the Advantage program, not all are. Tires must be paid for with a credit card. Buying authorization is good for 30 days.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
I simply had a truck tire shop order a set of Toyo M120Z 8R-19.5 tires; they showed up a couple of days later and were installed with no problems. A bit less expensive than the FMCA deal but I'm not real hot on Michelins anyway.

Also have dually valve stems installed DL1FC Chrome Dually Valve Kit

Do NOT use any sort of add-on tire valve extensions.

I use Pressure Pro TPMS. PressurePro Motorhome
CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com
johnhicks is offline   Reply With Quote