RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
tvp

Exclamation Help ! With Maxxair RV Vent and fantastic fan 810034

Went to camping world purchased Maxxair vent for my Fantastic Fan model 810034. Went to install it and the fan vent cover when open all the way hits the Fantastic cover .

What am I doing wrong , is there a adjustment so the lid does not go all the way open or did they give me the wrong Maxxair

My Fantastic Fan 810034 is powered with fan etc rain sensor

Thanks
TVP

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #2

I don't know why the covers do this .

I'd guess that it's to keep the installed height with the cover on the same as if there was no cover .

But the brand name Fantastic Vents are the same , lid touches cover .
The fan's control board shuts the lid lift motor off before any damage to the lid , cover or motor drive. Mine has been on for three years with no issues.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

This is actually extremely helpful to read. I have a few Camco covers sitting in my garage. I went to install them but realized they are so short the vent cover would hit when opened so I decided against putting them on. I really want vent covers so I was considering spending a good deal of money upgrading my fans to Maxxair Deluxe versions - but now that I know it's normal and that the motor will stop damage from occurring I will go install the vent covers today. Thank you for bringing this up!
RickySpanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fan-Tastic Vent

I just put a new vent cover over the Fan-Tastic vent but it was made for and by Fan-Tastic (Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze) I don't think the Maxxair will work also it wont vent properly the Fan-Tastic Vent cover is bigger and has larger venting
bill14729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
tvp

The Maxxair 11 new vent cover is designed for more air flow than the original maxxair
Fantastic fan confirmed that the lid motor will turn off when it hits the top of the Maxxair cover ...✅
Old 10-01-2017, 06:29 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Maxxair not for Fantastic Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp View Post
Went to camping world purchased Maxxair vent for my Fantastic Fan model 810034. Went to install it and the fan vent cover when open all the way hits the Fantastic cover .

What am I doing wrong , is there a adjustment so the lid does not go all the way open or did they give me the wrong Maxxair

My Fantastic Fan 810034 is powered with fan etc rain sensor

Thanks
TVP
Bought a Maxxair cover for my Bounder with Fantastic Fans. After reading install instructions, learned it is not designed to be used with Fantastic Fans. RV source where I bought it would not refund my purchase. Bought a Fantastic Fan cover and all is well...

wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, fan, vent