Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
Country Coach Owners Club
Go find a new lender. If the dealer really wants the deal, he will help.

dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by Ozark RVer View Post
Thanks for the info.

The model is Patriot Thunder Gettysburg. The original owner added items like the Aqua Hot, Girard auto patio awnings, in-motion satellite, duel leveling system (air/hyd), carefree power sunvisiors, upgraded wooden blinds on all the windows (which I love), and a lot more items.

I did a NADA as much as I could, and the low retail was $131,000. The average retail was $158,000. Does that help?
To use Nada you need to know what was standard and what was an option. The base price for a model includes everything that was standard. So if your model came with two slides, that's in the base. If it had a 6 gallon water heater standard but the one your pricing has a 10 gallon, then that's an add.
Some dealers will tell you that adding some things, like a Banks kit, will reduce the price (when you're trading it in), but then use it as a selling point when selling it.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
I paid $150 in 2009 for a 2006 Patriot Thunder 42 foot Vicksburg III with 14,000 miles. The only differences in the features are I only have air leveling and no wooden blinds. I also have a few things that were not offered in 2004, but like many owners I can confirm that the fancier the thing the more likely it is to cost yo money.

I bought mine privately. A few things to think about. You are buying what is left so it is about condition, and only about condition once you are satisfied that it will suit your purpose. What are the hours on the genset and the aquahot? The main service issue on the chassis are the brakes, but the air bags and shocks also can show wear.

Set a price and go and find something in your price. The Beaver with the big Cat is a fine machine, but so are many others.
2006 Patriot Thunder
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
beaver patroit

This sounds like a real good deal, one thing everyone is missing is maint records. Has maintenance been performed as required and are there records of this? also all the manuals? another plus is one owner. A great deal I just saw in family motorcoaching mag due to a death was 06 beaver monterey 40' 400 cat, all the bells and whistles 12,600 mi 125K. If I were not very happy with my patriot I would jump on this. Phone # 805-544-9182. Happy travels.
2000 beaver patriot concord 33' cat diesel 330, toad honda crv
babybeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
babybeaver - you are bang on about maintenance records, it is one of the important ways to determine condition.

Of course I meant to say $150K. One hundred and fifty bucks would have been a pretty good deal.
2006 Patriot Thunder
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #20
Whether dealer or a bank they all go by NADA base price, No options. And they don't care about the miles on a diesel. We added over $20,000.00 in upgrades and new tires to our old coach and it was still only worth what any other stock unit was worth to the bank or dealer.

Have you looked at any Travel Supreme coaches?
2013 Entegra 44DLQ Ebony Blaze
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Limited Toad
Shardan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
Whether dealer or a bank they all go by NADA base price, No options. And they don't care about the miles on a diesel. We added over $20,000.00 in upgrades and new tires to our old coach and it was still only worth what any other stock unit was worth to the bank or dealer.
Trust in this...it's how it is. Dealers won't pay a dime extra for whatever you've done on your trade in... no matter what you spent on it. And conversely, when making an offer on buying a used rig, I'd take the same approach. When buying a used coach, start with NADA wholesale and work with that no matter what has been done to a coach during its ownership. Remember, in most things these days, buyers are king, sellers fall on the mercy of buyers.

"Be kind... everyone you encounter in life is fighting battles that you have no awareness of."
2016 Newmar Bay Star 3124 w/ 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unltd Hard Rock
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote