Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Running lights don't work now?

Hi.I have a 1993 Bounder, My running lights wher working just fine.
Then i thought i would put a few bulbs in two in the front that did not light up on the drivers side.

So i changed out the two bad one's with two of the same new one's and now i have no running lights or rear taile lights..But i do have brake lights and turn singels still. and its light out side so i can't tell right now but it looks like i have no dash lights..but i can check that tonight.. So can any one tell me witch fuse it is and what its called that might blow that would cause this..or better yet what they think it might be..I need any help i can get right now.

Thanks Duane.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 1993 Fleetwood Coronado and has the same thing happen, turned out it was corrosion in the metal bulb socket, some sandpaper and a little dielectric grease and now they all work good.
bikermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #3

I would guess it is a fuse labeled "lighting" or "light" or something like that. Maybe near the fuse for brake lights etc. Since I assume you did have taillights but now you don't have taillights I would think it is a fuse also. Could also be in the lighting switch, but my money is on a blown taillight fuse.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
The running light are in the chassie fuse and it sounds like a dead short for all of it to go out like that, did you change the whole light out or just the bulbs
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Its fixed!!! Thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I would guess it is a fuse labeled "lighting" or "light" or something like that. Maybe near the fuse for brake lights etc. Since I assume you did have taillights but now you don't have taillights I would think it is a fuse also. Could also be in the lighting switch, but my money is on a blown taillight fuse.

Thank's. You are right it was a fuse, And it was one under the dash that was marked (tail lights)

And yes i did replace the hole light not just the bulb, And as i was doing it i did get a spark out of touching the two wires together

So thats what made the fuse blow..Put in a new fuse and every thing is back to working great. So Thanks for all your help.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good deal ask anytime we'll help
Old 09-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #7

for letting us know what fixed the problem.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #8

It is the fuse marked Tail lights or running lights. Most vehicles will have the dash lights wired into the same circuit as the tail lights as a safety thing. It is hard to see your tail lights from the driver's seat, but if your dash lights go off, you will notice it right away.
bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights